38 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
AppVolt says

Featured items also have an actual badge and display a feature “banner” in the sidebar, why shouldn’t the Elite items share some consistency with this?
Featured items are ITEMS that have been featured (because they are extraordinary good). However, elite badge doesn’t say anything about the item itself, apart from that it’s author has earned a huge sum of cash on Envato marketplaces… So your comparison doesn’t stand, I’m afraid…

Not really. I’m afraid that my comparison perfectly stands as Flashato proposition is highly consistent with the sidebar UI. Featured items are ITEMS as you said, but all Elite items are, well, ELITE too, and should be highlighted as such.

2643 posts Community Team
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+19 more
contrastblack Envato team says
Not really. I’m afraid that my comparison perfectly stands as Flashato proposition is highly consistent with the sidebar UI. Featured items are ITEMS as you said, but all Elite items are, well, ELITE too, and should be highlighted as such.
hint : it’s not a proposition, check one of his items :P

And again, even within your current argument there’s redundancy… why should all items, over and over be marked as “made by an elite author” if he / she is already branded and stamped as such? We’re all strolling around the bush on this one, as it’s already been implemented, but it’s just a matter of “is it useful” versus “pushing other useful bits of information lower on the screen, just to display another information that’s already visible elsewhere” if you get my point…

38 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
AppVolt says

hint : it’s not a proposition, check one of his items :P And again, even within your current argument there’s redundancy… why should all items, over and over be marked as “made by an elite author” if he / she is already branded and stamped as such? We’re all strolling around the bush on this one, as it’s already been implemented, but it’s just a matter of “is it useful” versus “pushing other useful bits of information lower on the screen, just to display another information that’s already visible elsewhere” if you get my point…

I totally get your point. It bothers you that the Elite profile tiny badge is on the same page as the actual banner, but as much as everybody loves those profile badges I’m not quite sure half of the buyers actually mouse-over them, or even know what they are. I think they are quite good for fueling our egos and for the community, but not really efficient for the business side…

1276 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+15 more
ChristineWilde Envato team says

My only problem with the elite badge is that it makes us non-elite look like we are inferior and people shouldn’t bother with our files and buy from an elite author instead. On the other hand I know the amount of work people put in to achieve high sales and subsequently the Elite badge. I’m planning on getting close to it this year. :)

7647 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

1844 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
ShermanJackson says

Just let it be, I think it’s motivation for the rest of us. You guys earned it and you deserve it.

3750 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

My only problem with the elite badge is that it makes us non-elite look like we are inferior and people shouldn’t bother with our files and buy from an elite author instead. On the other hand I know the amount of work people put in to achieve high sales and subsequently the Elite badge. I’m planning on getting close to it this year. :)

I can promise that once you reach it you will realise it means nothing except the badge under your profile. So better motivate with the money, instead. ;)

1276 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
+15 more
ChristineWilde Envato team says

Oh yeah the thought of the money comes first then the badge a close second. But would love to achieve it wi th my 3d models not themeforest items. Think that would be a hard achievement.

I can promise that once you reach it you will realise it means nothing except the badge under your profile. So better motivate with the money, instead. ;)
941 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+3 more
graphicmind says

Looks like they took the link

734 posts fifty_tons and CodingJack
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
50andJACK says

My only problem with the elite badge is that it makes us non-elite look like we are inferior and people shouldn’t bother with our files and buy from an elite author instead.

I think this will be the case on ThemeForest, as so many authors are “elite”, customers will get used to the banner and will start to notice when a file doesn’t have it. Other marketplaces where only 1% of authors are elite the negative impact will probably be non-existent. But the good news is that when you sell themes on the best WP marketplace in the world, you stand a pretty good chance at becoming elite sooner rather than later :D

All in all I think the program is a positive for creating healthy competition.

-Jack

by
by
by
by
by
by