1336 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says

I think its unfairly priced vs site templates.

If email templates are going to be priced at $10s, site templates should start at $15.

1869 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

Personally I would price email templates from 6$ to 8$, max 10$ if there will be cu3er.

2529 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Hey guys. Email templates are currently priced between $8 and $10. Keep in mind that a lot of work goes into making these templates, not to mention the fact that many authors have to spend $5 or so to test their designs in the various email clients.

And don’t forget that many of the popular templates contain multiple color schemes, and even multiple layouts.

I think they’re priced just right.

962 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says
Hey guys. Email templates are currently priced between $8 and $10. Keep in mind that a lot of work goes into making these templates, not to mention the fact that many authors have to spend $5 or so to test their designs in the various email clients.

And don’t forget that many of the popular templates contain multiple color schemes, and even multiple layouts.

I think they’re priced just right.

I agreed at first but after reading this, I do agree with Jeffrey. You do have to pay to test them, also, they work in every email client (almost) and some of these emails have “12-in-1” with a LOT of different schemes. Good point Jeffrey.

2445 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+3 more
digitalimpact says

I bet my lunch for a whole month you can’t pump 10 in one day.

Wait, make that 2 month’s lunch and just 5 templates. And trust me, I like to eat :D

Just kidding mate – point is, email templates are not that easy to design. Furthermore, testing them to make sure they look similar in as many email clients as possible is a headache matched only by IE6 .

Coming from 3+ years of email marketing, from a buyer’s point of view, I’d say pricing is much more than reasonable. (a custom/premium email template is ~500$ )

From an author’s point of view – you get to design just one page, yes. But sales are lower than with site templates, so it’s balanced.

+6 more
FRESHFACE says
But sales are lower than with site templates, so it’s balanced.

This is so true. With HTML templates we are on price bottom, there is nowhere lower to go. If the demand on TF would be the same for email templates as for html templates, they could be a little bit lower, but not now I guess…

206 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
mlando says

Just having to answer ALL the emails for users that don’t really know how to use a template or just to answer general questions is worth more than $10.

I don’t think lower is the way to go… There is a lot of testing and support that goes into everything that goes up here, no matter what form. The template is just one part of the bigger picture.

1589 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says
max 10$ if there will be cu3er.

No flash in email templates unfortunately

+6 more
FRESHFACE says
max 10$ if there will be cu3er.
No flash in email templates unfortunately

Just a sick english joke. I thought you will laugh as mad when you read it… Many people here use cu3er to pump up their sales you know… so I thought maybe some * * * * * will try to add it into email template too, you know…just for a joke…

1148 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
fillerspace says

I think email templates are worth $10 because every email client is like IE6 . Imagine having to design a site for 11 different versions of IE6 ! Just check out this compatibility chart:

http://www.campaignmonitor.com/css/

by
by
by
by
by
by