1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

I was just taking a gander at some of the new items approved this week and made my way through Email Templates and Landing Pages. It made me notice that Email Template prices are often times TWICE as much as Landing Pages and I’m curious to know why.

Some of the landing pages are pretty packed with awesomeness like jQuery effects, sliders, multiple color skins, etc. and a majority of them are only $8.

On the other had, you have table based email templates with very minimal design (because that’s all you can really do with email templates anyway) often times priced at TWICE the amount of a landing page at $16.

Any idea why landing pages are priced so low? Is it to help jump start the category or something?

607 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+10 more
Siddharth Envato team says

It’s because developing email templates are a chore. Inconsistent email client compatibility and having access only to development methodologies from a decade ago are some issues plaguing those developers.

Landing pages, on the other hand, are single pages, albeit with assorted features. The prices should probably go up as we get more varied and much more feature packed submissions.

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

Thanks for responding Siddharth.

I totally understand that there’s a price tag for email templates with antiquated tables and the hassle of email client compatibility (I have an email template for sale myself)...

...but they’re still only a single page and almost always far less detailed of a page than the landing pages are.

I really hope you guys can review the prices of landing pages soon because I think that’s what’s holding back a lot of authors from creating them.

607 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+10 more
Siddharth Envato team says

Single page email templates are always $9-10. Only templates with multiple layouts and color schemes are priced anything above $12.

But, yep, duly noted. I’ll talk to the guys about increasing the base rates. Don’t let this hold you back from creating a landing page though. Maybe yours will be the one to break the price ceiling. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by