232 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+8 more
AlexZlatev says

Hi guys, well we all heard the news for the new upcoming Star Wars movie , but the thread its not about that :) Its about the web(5$)ite we all know. Well I am already pissed off! However I done 5-6 warnings and the files were taken down I’d say pretty much easy. Today I made txt file with 60+ links and I appeal you authors to contact the support , I’m starting to send emails to all of the affected authors with what text to send and the list where they may find “itself” . If we are united and send 60+ complains in a week I think (hope) that the support of the web5$ite will take the necessary action , and try to check first before u can post or I dont know but lets show that we are against this and start reporting !

1620 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
cyzer says

Send one to me also

159 posts Quality over Quantity
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
JakubVejmola says

That site REALLY pisses me off too…I’m finding my templates every week there. Alex, can you please also send me what you’re sending to the affected authors?

5164 posts
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Alex.. this is a really great initiative. Feel free to drop me a line if you find some of mine.

I really think that something official needs to be done about this though. Individual users can’t find them and take them down quickly enough.

224 posts Per aspera ad Astra
  • Won a competition
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
Wayman says

A really great idea. Alex, send it me too.

232 posts
+8 more
AlexZlatev says

wayman i think I already did ? i used contact form from VH , @ felt the main problem is after you sent ticket they ask you few things - 1. a description of what is protected under the copyrights that you are claiming 2. Your copyrights certificate/designation and the type, e.g., registered trade mark, registered copyrights, etc. 3. A proof of your copyrights ownership 4. A short description of how the subscribers allegedly infringe on your copyrights 5. Your complete name, address, and contact information.

so basicaly i can not complain about someone else . I even dont know what to say for 2) and 3) but i say something like “i can send you screenshot” and its enough :D which is pretty funny and talks about how seriously they take copyright issues, anyway i removed few files so it worth it . the main “weapon”if i can say that is when i paste this link http://videohive.net/licenses/regular_extended

1107 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

Today I found myself there, same name, same image for an icon. How cool is that..

232 posts
+8 more
AlexZlatev says

Today I found myself there, same name, same image for an icon. How cool is that..

and my file uploaded :D aahHAhahahhAHAhha , to be honest that was the thing that pissed me off completly !

1282 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

why would you not send DMCAs directly to the site that has infringing content? I’d think that’s your job, not envato’s, though agree they should step in somehow to address things. What’s the official word from Envato? What will you guys be doing about the 5/and other infringing ‘customizer’ sites? You need to protect your authors (and yourselves).

If you don’t protect your content, you won’t make hardly any more sales on the site here, and your entire business goes down the drain. SEND DMCAs. I send up to several dozens a week to places that rip my content. I’d rather not have to, but when it comes to my livelihood, I protect myself.

620 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
uniquefx says

Thanks for taking the initiative Alex.Browsing through this place and it’s getting ridiculous.

I think it’s time that Envato contacts the staff and not just individual authors every now and then.

by
by
by
by
by
by