• Elite Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
Bluz says

Hi guys and all php and wordpress developer from themeforest. I wanted to know how can I encrypt my footer properly so I can protect my code an even copyrights on themes I make.

I found the Dynamic Drive Encrypter but if I use some php code in it like this:
  <div class="container">
    <p style="float:left;"><?php echo stripslashes(get_option('cloudy_copyrights_text')); ?></p>
    <p style="float:right;">By: <a href="http://bluzgraphics.com" target="_blank">Bluz*</a></p>
  </div>

It messes everything up.

So I waned to know what you professional guys use – is there a good free-software that does that or even paid software and how do I create those?

493 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
Gareth_Gillman says

I see you’re using the following theme – http://themeforest.net/item/cloudy-2-in-1-unique-wordpress-theme/97767

Normally encrypted footers use base code, so this is different, have a look in functions.php for cloudy_copyrights_text.

Without seeing the code I can’t help much more, but I hate people who encrpt files, it’s a pain in the ass,

562 posts You Reap What You Saw
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
Bluz says
I see you’re using the following theme – http://themeforest.net/item/cloudy-2-in-1-unique-wordpress-theme/97767

Normally encrypted footers use base code, so this is different, have a look in functions.php for cloudy_copyrights_text.

Without seeing the code I can’t help much more, but I hate people who encrpt files, it’s a pain in the ass,

I don’t think you understood what I’m asking. I want to Encrypt my code properly and for that I need software recommendations.

493 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
Gareth_Gillman says

I don’t think you understood what I’m asking. I want to Encrypt my code properly and for that I need software recommendations.

I am not aware of any, someone else might know of some. The encryption can be done by either changing the code to bas_64 (http://www.rbl.jp/base64.php) or use a php function within another file.

• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
Bluz says

I am not aware of any, someone else might know of some. The encryption can be done by either changing the code to bas_64 (http://www.rbl.jp/base64.php) or use a php function within another file.

Cool but how do I use it after I have an encrpted text how do I insert it properly to my footer.php file

1028 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
ThemeBlvd says

I think you just have to accept the fact that a majority of customers are buying these themes to resell to a client, especially as most of your themes are more of business type themes. They don’t want your copyright info to be encrypted at the bottom. It’s going to be a pain for a lot of customers. I think it’s going to hurt you and your sales in the long run. I know you’re just asking about software to use, but I just wanted to throw that out there. Good luck :-)

• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
Bluz says
I think you just have to accept the fact that a majority of customers are buying these themes to resell to a client, especially as most of your themes are more of business type themes. They don’t want your copyright info to be encrypted at the bottom. It’s going to be a pain for a lot of customers. I think it’s going to hurt you and your sales in the long run. I know you’re just asking about software to use, but I just wanted to throw that out there. Good luck :-)

I’m not so sure you are right, I know of some really top selling authors here that encrypt their theme’s footers.

493 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
Gareth_Gillman says
I’m not so sure you are right, I know of some really top selling authors here that encrypt their theme’s footers.

but the point is it annoys people, as they don’t want “Theme created by xx, with xx cms, all rights of xxx, support forum at xxx”.

There are loads of threads of wordpress.org forums asking for decoding of encryption.

I have never encrypted a theme and never will, I add a link to my website but they are free to remove it. They have paid for the themes, if it was a free theme I can understand the reasons.

315 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+1 more
bitpub says

Hey Bluz sorry to hijack this thread but i bought your Imagination 10 in 1 template this past Friday and sent you a email with two questions regarding stuff that specifically about the template to which i couldn’t find an answer in documentation. Whats the status on that?

1182 posts
  • Exclusive Author
campolar says

Err, with what? “Designed By:”? Not everyone wants that when they “paid” for it! What else would you need to encrypt a footer for?

Cool but how do I use it after I have an encrpted text how do I insert it properly to my footer.php file

Insert it in place of the code you encoded (inside the php tags off course)

by
by
by
by
by
by