2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

My vote is to spend that time on something more valuable to authors. If you’re going to work on stats, maybe try implementing something like Statementer into the author dashboard. That is an amazing script, and there is no reason we shouldn’t have that kind of NATIVE reporting and analytics by now. We need charts, graphs and other elements that help us monitor our sales.

Third-party scripts like Statementer are great, but we shouldn’t rely on them since they could go unsupported overnight. Not to mention, at the end of the day, it’s still a script hack.

Many of us are building businesses here at Envato, please help us make them better with a regular release schedule of features we can all benefit from! Analytics, sales tools, whatever!

The problem is, plenty of great ideas and features always get introduced in the forums and then just never happen. Don’t shoot the messenger, but the community is starting to notice the lack of evolution over here. “It’s in the pipe” has become a meme among Envato marketplace members! I didn’t start it, I swear!

</rant>

I almost wrote the exact thing earlier then hit delete.. spend time on things that create revenue more transparently please like search, comment sections, and the other 10,000 suggestions from your users, authors and buyers.

Not saying it wouldn’t be nice to have useful stats etc, but in the great scope of things I wouldn’t class this anywhere near a priority right now sorry.

Oh yeah, and invoices as most buyers here have business and if we can’t get invoices we buy from elsewhere – that is such an unforgivable error currently I was shocked to realize it ( there is a forum thread out there that had a flag for staff reply earlier today – without a reply…) – invoices showing deposits is so not good enough, a lot of people buy with earnings… they are purchases too.

3093 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

wonder if Envato devs will be doing these analytics upgrades or the freelancer who originally created it ?

1556 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+8 more
dorde says

Access from the author dashboard. That is my main thing. I even forget that it exists…
http://extras.envato.com/browser-plugins/integrate-envato-analytics-into-the-marketplace-pages/
844 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
SBJEWEL says

Purchase & referral tracking.

I’d personally like to see what sites sent how many purchases / referrals

That’d be sooooooo awesome :D

Here’s five off the top of my head. 1. The ability view all or custom selection of items all in one graph.
2. Location (country/city)
3. Time of day for visits.
4. New versus Old visitor
5. If the visitor is an author or not (at least the ability to filter them out) At the very least, filter out my own visits
6. (I lied) Set time zone!

Access from the author dashboard. That is my main thing. I even forget that it exists…

Completely agree with them… ;) And make it faster.... Now it’s loading speed is very very slow…. :(

844 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
SBJEWEL says

http://extras.envato.com/browser-plugins/integrate-envato-analytics-into-the-marketplace-pages/

This way we need to install Grease monkey plugins. And this plugin only works for two browser only ( Firefox and Google Chrome ). And another problem is… when i tried to install it; Google Chrome said ( Extensions,apps,and themes can harm your computer. Are you sure you want to continue? ) So i discard it. :O

We ( most of us i believe ) want to see our “envato analytics” without installing extra plugin…. :)

301 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Reachground says

Awesome! Here’s my wishlist:

1. Increase the speed. Are you running Analytics on a 486?
2. Overview for more than a month (90 days at least)
3. Traffic, referrals and external search on one page.
4. Easier navigation (not having to go back to My files to look at a new one for instance)
5. Custom analytics such as being able to see the stats of several items at a time.
6. More order choices (length, type etc.)
7. Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

243 posts
  • Located in United States
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
deiby says

All of the above.

Also data for your profile page too not just the items and better dashboard integration. Better views, sorting, time frames. The ability to see item data overview on one page not just separate pages for each view like it is now. A summary of all items/data on one page?

1556 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
+8 more
dorde says

We ( most of us i believe ) want to see our “envato analytics” without installing extra plugin…. :)

I agree.

And there are really good suggestions in this thread. :)

1565 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
AndrVlad says

Agree with everything above. Especially with getting raw data to make my custom analitics in Exel. Would be great see: 1) What exectly flow for customers for my items. - how many came from main page? - how many came from following my new item? - how many from search, what exact search phraze? - external links led to purchase.

2) What my customers also purchase from me or on same marketplace or even on other marketpalces.

3) new or returning customers. Interesting to see if one customer purchased several items.

4) Currently there is item statistics but profile statistics missed. Would be great to see how many people view my portfolio and buy after visiting profile. As well as how often people go to featured item on my profile or other links. Same statistic may be interesting for item collections.

Best Regards, Andrey

2175 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

I won’t repeat the suggestions, as many other posters in this topic “nailed” it. Just wanted you to “count” my voice too :):)

by
by
by
by
by
by