• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Portugal
unisphere says

Any luck with this unisphere? I’ve noticed a serious problem with the username not being linked to the item purchase code. If someone gives out a valid purchase code, anybody else can register an account with that code since it is not stored in the forum database. If the username was obtained from the purchase code this would prevent the same purchase code from being used for multiple account since the username is stored in the forum database.

Hey mate, I did start on the bbpress forum but postponed it since I heard ThemeForest is working on something that will help with the item discussions. One thing I noticed though is that when you test a valid purchase code with the Envato API , one of the fields that is returned in the JSON response is the ThemeForest Username associated with the purchase. With this you can ask for the purchase license code only, read the username from the API call and only ask for an email and password later.

Hope this helps :)

555 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+12 more
theMOLITOR says
MattStrange said
http://www.lifeofstrange.com/bbpress-register.zip

I can’t seem to get this to work. When clicking “verify”, the page just refreshes and nothing happens. Any ideas? Thanks again for this great script.

45 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
premiumwd says

Thanks a lot Matt.

Well it works, which is a great start! Are you using it on your own forum now? I can’t see any issues with the code, but then I’m not a PHP expert. Is it safe to use on our live support forums?

Has anyone got any idea on how to remove the need for the user to enter their username? I notice Kriesi and DDStudios do not have this field.

Yes thanks for sharing the code matt, I am curious on how you got it to work? How did you implement it into the wp-signup.php?

45 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
premiumwd says

I am corrected I installed the two files and I am looking at the register.php in which it can’t read the file. Anyone know how I can get it to read the register.php file? I get a page not found once I uploaded it. Thanks in advance

255 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United States
BuchmannDesign says

I could never get it working from this thread. But then I discovered there is a BBpress plugin from Codecanyon that does just this, and does it very well: http://codecanyon.net/item/item-purchase-code-validation-bbpress-plugin/558819 :)

29 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
Delpierooo says

Ok, i share the code, i’m hoping someone with better php skills would check it :) http://www.lifeofstrange.com/bbpress-register.zip

Can this zip still/again be provided for download? :)

TNX!

by
by
by
by
by
by