• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
MyNameIsMatthew says

First question.
Is any API method to get list of all categories and subcategories for each of Envato marketplaces?

Second question.
API “search” return only 50 matching results, this is possible to get next 50 results?
For example I want to listing all items from category (with pagination), this is possible?

I dont see solution in documentation.

Thanks for replies.

5075 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Australia says

Message Brad aka CodeFusion ;)

212 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
MyNameIsMatthew says

Okay, message sent :)

I feel if this is not described in documentation then this is not possible (but should be!).

296 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CodeFusion says

Is any API method to get list of all categories and subcategories for each of Envato marketplaces?
No. I too was in the need to get all the categories and sub categories for a project I’m working on. I ended up having to write my own API so-to-speak. I can’t remember what server I put it on, but as soon as I find it, I’ll send you a message.

API “search” return only 50 matching results, this is possible to get next 50 results?
Not that I know of. You might want to do a thesaurus lookup and suggest alternative words to search for. You could also track how many times a particular author shows up in the current results – and offer an author based search – possibly that author “specializes” in a desired “area of interest” (admin templates, real estate, etc.) – just some suggestions.

I feel if this is not described in documentation then this is not possible (but should be!).
Oh it’s possible! Just not through the official Envato API ;)
212 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
MyNameIsMatthew says

No. I too was in the need to get all the categories and sub categories for a project I’m working on. I ended up having to write my own API so-to-speak. I can’t remember what server I put it on, but as soon as I find it, I’ll send you a message.

Not that I know of. You might want to do a thesaurus lookup and suggest alternative words to search for. You could also track how many times a particular author shows up in the current results – and offer an author based search – possibly that author “specializes” in a desired “area of interest” (admin templates, real estate, etc.) – just some suggestions.

Oh it’s possible! Just not through the official Envato API ;)

Thank You for reply but I must send really many requests per month.

API results are cached, so time required for each request is small. Time to receive one request response from API is minimum 2 times faster than requesting HTML results page – as I say, I want to send many requests so time of getting response is important. Additional I dont know requesting and parsing HTML from Envato marketplaces pages is allowed.

I feel Envato will add this functionality to API (getting results by category, with pagination). Next missing feature is complete list of author items, I can get only 25 items of author (without API key).

Question to Envato (or anyone who know answer :) ).
Is any limit for number of requests via API (hourly/daily)?

by
by
by
by
by
by