296 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
cosmincotor says

Same problem here, the support form I’ve been using is no longer working, but was working fine until these recent events occurred :(

Were there any changes made to the API that we should know about?

210 posts
    Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
SurStudio says

Setting the user agent header works fine:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone Simulator; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OD X; en-us) AppleWebKit/535.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5");
69 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
DeluxeThemes says

But it was working fine until yesterday. Isn’t there a solution from Envato rather than hacking the code to make it work?

This is very bad move Envato did, they made changes to API without announcing it anywhere, without any warning that it will happen, and ALL apps anywhere using API have stopped working because of it. This is very, very unprofessional. I expect great many users will start blaming developers for apps they purchased to have stopped working. Nice one Envato!

I have confirmed that user agent is required, by running CURL requests with and without user agent, and if there is no user agent, all requests timeout.

Milan

Well, I hope this was just a mistake or a problem on their end and they will work on it. I do not think they made such a major change without notifying developers. For now, I will use the suggested hack to calm down some angry customers :)

173 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Won a Most Wanted contest Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
GDragoN says
Well, I hope this was just a mistake or a problem on their end and they will work on it. I do not think they made such a major change without notifying developers. For now, I will use the suggested hack to calm down some angry customers :)

I hope this is the case too, but some of my CodeCanyon plugins have Envato API as a core functionality, and for all who purchased, websites are crushing all day because of this. And as we have already used to, no one from Envato staff has anything to say about something I and many others consider a major issue. If the user agent is required from now on, OK, it is not the problem it is easy to change, but we need to know what to do and how to update plugins.

64 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
preciouscoder says

Same issue here Envato Marketplace API class isn’t working :(

5 posts
    Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Located in Europe
+2 more
pixum says
@SurStudio right – send agent header.
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone Simulator; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OD X; en-us) AppleWebKit/535.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5");
or own…
666 posts
    Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

Confirmed. Setting the user agent header works fine

173 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Won a Most Wanted contest Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
GDragoN says

I created patch for my plugins and made it available though support forum. But, we need official clarification on this including the information if this is permanent change, and what type of user agent is acceptable. Only than we can roll out updates to plugins with permanent fix.

23 posts Good design is good business
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
bluthemes_ says

Same problem, solved it with the user agent fix.

curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_USERAGENT,'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13');
3007 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

Confirmed, worked for me too.

However the http://notes.envato.com/general/a-php-wrapper-class-for-the-envato-marketplaces-api/ is still 404 and even with that change does not work.

by
by
by
by
by
by