173 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Won a Most Wanted contest Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
GDragoN says

Hey community! I just talked to the devs, and things with the API should be returning back to normal. Sorry once more for the inconveniences.

Will it require use of user agent or not? That is what is important, because it would require massive updates to change the existing API related code to do it. Can we get some detailed information on this subject and what to expect and will there be any change to the way API is accessed?

Milan

15 posts Muffin group
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
muffingroup says

Hey community! I just talked to the devs, and things with the API should be returning back to normal. Sorry once more for the inconveniences.

Will it require use of user agent or not? That is what is important, because it would require massive updates to change the existing API related code to do it. Can we get some detailed information on this subject and what to expect and will there be any change to the way API is accessed?

Milan

We already tested it on our tools and old functions without user agents works. So you can test it if it works in your case because for us all is fine since few minutes.

In our opinion user agents is kind of fake part of code and is used usually for spamming machines that need to crawl pages. That`s why we think it is not fair enough to use user agent for this kind of little scripts just for customers.

Hope all will work in your tools as well :)

210 posts
    Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
SurStudio says

Milan

Well, if you’re on Francesco Schettino’s ship, you better be wearing a life vest :D

I think you should send the validation requests to your own server, and from there to Envato’s. This way you can actually do something, like adding a simple header or just granting access to everybody in a minute

29 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
argenisferrer Envato team says

Milan

It should work without any alteration (no need to add user agents)! We are monitoring the situation and will communicate in case any change is required!

4 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has referred 1+ members Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
jgwhite33 says

Okay, so now that you changed it back my original problem is back. While it was changed (and broke for everyone else) I could connect to it by specifying a user agent. Now I can not. It just times out again. So again I have two sites from the same hosting provider. One site will connect through curl the other will not. Exact same script on both sites.

259 posts
    Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Joined an Envato Football competition Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Located in United Kingdom
+4 more
Patchesoft says

Milan
It should work without any alteration (no need to add user agents)! We are monitoring the situation and will communicate in case any change is required!

I’m using the Envato Marketplace Wrapper by Jeffrey Way <jeffrey@envato.com>; it seems to fail to verify the username and API key when trying to verify the purchase.

$url = "http://marketplace.envato.com/api/edge/$user_name/$this->api_key/$set"; if ( !is_null($purchase_code) ) $url .= ":$purchase_code"; $url .= '.json'; $result = $this->fetch($url);

Yet when I echo the $url and copy this directly into my browser I get the correct json data saying it is a valid Purchase Code.

When I print the result of the fetch, I get this:

object(stdClass)#31 (2) { ["error"]=> string(32) "Username and/or API Key invalid." ["code"]=> string(17) "not_authenticated" }

Not sure what’s going on whether it’s an issue with the class or an error on my end. But the URL that is being print works fine when entering it directly into the web browser.

EDIT: nevermind, the class had cached a bad result and so even when fixing it the cached result would return as bad no matter what. Clearing the cache fixed it for me.

31 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
TopStudio says

API does not seem to respond anymore. I tried with setting a value for CURLOPT_USERAGENT and it did not help either.

1031 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
    Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
+10 more
Parallelus says

I’ve been experiencing this on and off for about a week now. It’s obvious when it’s down because I’ll get 3 or 4 emails an hour from customers not being able to access our Help Center. My customers are getting pretty annoyed at me thinking my support site is jacked and I’m getting tired of manually registering users all day. Could we possibly get a staff response on this from someone that is “techy” so we know what’s going on?

3220 posts
    Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in United States Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

Is anyone running into issues with Cloudwork Verifi?

If so DM, or create a support request in the WordPress.org forums

I can add a notice or something in the login form(or you can just hook to it)

347 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
+2 more
Gewora says

This is not true. The API requires a user agent for some reason, otherwise you won’t get a response. Not sure who did this stupid change.

by
by
by
by
by
by