9 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
evoG says

In past I’ve already used Envato API, but recently I can not make http request from them. Any api requests return me a timeout error. Also I can not get the api documentation page from my browser. Anyone can help me?

Thank you in advance.

1400 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
lucafrancini Envato team says

Same here, I think it’s related to Italy. For me the API issues started on 24 March. For some days it wasn’t possible to connect to Envato sites from Italy; support told me via twitter that they fixed up things on 24 March, indeed everything worked again, with the exception of API.

9 posts
+3 more
evoG says

Same here, I think it’s related to Italy. For me the API issues started on 24 March. For some days it wasn’t possible to connect to Envato sites from Italy; support told me via twitter that they fixed up things on 24 March, indeed everything worked again, with the exception of API.

Thank you Luca for your reply I’ve also sent a support request a couple of days ago, no reply yet, I hope the support team will fix the issue because I’m working on a new project and I can not test it.

8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
gusgollings Envato team says

I’m looking into these connection issues from Italy. Are you using http://www.fastweb.it/ as your ISP?

1400 posts
+9 more
lucafrancini Envato team says

fastweb user here :)

7305 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Italy, why I’m not surprised

9 posts
+3 more
evoG says

I’m looking into these connection issues from Italy. Are you using http://www.fastweb.it/ as your ISP?

Yes, my ISP is fastweb! So, any solutions?!

631 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
UBLThemes says

Its not just Italy we have servers in England and Germany which are failing also.

We are with 1and1 and Rackspace.

Any chance on letting us know what the issue is with and if we can do anything as our support site needs this api to function.

Thanks

Robert UBL

8 posts
  • Located in Australia
+1 more

Its not just Italy we have servers in England and Germany which are failing also. We are with 1and1 and Rackspace.

Thanks for the further details, Robert.

Is your error also a timeout on the request to the API? Could you send me a URL which causes the failure via email to gus.gollings@envato.com so I can try to reproduce and fix?

Thanks very much for your help in getting this solved.

8 posts
  • Located in Australia
+1 more

Hi all,

I think I have narrowed the problem to some ISPs blocking some of our IP addresses.

I have changed the IP address associated with marketplace.envato.com, and the timeout issue on the API should now resolve itself as the DNS change propagates. (marketplace.envato.com has address 184.106.5.33)

Please raise tickets with your ISPs asking them to unblock the following IP addresses to avoid this problem in the future:

23.253.198.20 23.253.198.21 23.253.198.32 23.253.198.33 23.253.198.34 23.253.198.35 23.253.198.36 23.253.198.37 23.253.198.38 23.253.198.39

Thanks for your patience with this. Please let me know if you have any persistent issues connecting to the API.

Regards,

Gus

by
by
by
by
by
by