• Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

This should not be a thread of: “I want features XYZ” :) Is about long plans, something I’m not really good at.

2020 sounds really far away but is just 6 years from now. Mind blowing. While in real life is not so big of a deal, on internet, 6 years is whole of a time.

(1) In the context of the Envato ecosystem, what does success mean to you?
that’s easy. as author I will like to sell more and more :) (this already happens). Also the environment need to be easy to deal with: example – shorten approval times (again looks like is happening hope it keeps the trend)

also more “fair”. this is not really ok right now, my personal opinion off course. not want to enter in details (not the place and I’ve already spent so much time on this type of topics) I don’t like some signals. I’m honest here, hope I’m not getting misunderstood. Also not so dramatic, is just a minor concern right now.

I can easily be happy with only the sale part but we all know is better if we like the environment also (and the environment like us)

(2) What do you want to achieve through our sites? What new things and in what new ways could we be helping you succeed?
I’m assuming you are asking for suggestion on how the website should expand in the future. Not an easy task to answer, this needs some thinking. Probably on short period really improve everything/simplify where is needed, change design clothes also. On long period probably expect some major blows from governments. Online business will probably have to suffer. One needs to be prepared and also fight against this.

(3) What would it look like for the whole community to be succeeding?
This is not really question. Is just a result of the above. More happy users, happy community.
674 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+1 more
LCweb says

At the moment I can think at few things I hope to see before 2020

• Faster item updates. Currently a plugin takes at least 24hrs to be approved and it’s absolutely too much. Specially since I really think no true check is made on them. I already proposed a little solution for Elite authors, like “speedy pass” per month.

• An update notifier, managed by Envato, for wordpress. We all know that WP is the core of Codecanyon and Themeforest. Would be great to have an unique interface. Would help a lot authors and specially customers

• A support center for Elite authors, or at least for authors having at least X sales. Support is a crucial point for everyone. I know is a big work to do, but.. hey.. 2020! :)

• Developer’s license for Codecanyon items

• A mobile version of the marketplace

Then:

Being able to be indipendent and survive to the world’s crisis doing what I like most (ok, support excluded :D )

(2) What do you want to achieve through our sites? What new things and in what new ways could we be helping you succeed?

Evato is such a great place where to show your talent and a great showcase for your projects. Is also a huge challenge: there’s a lot of super talented guys. Is nice to learn from them. So, definitively growing and become one of the top authors of all time :)

Giving the ability to almost anyone to have a good visibility and give the oppotunity to make sales in a fair way. Anyway, like in any other place on earth, not everybody can win, so there will always be super succesfull authors and “normal” ones

174 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
augustomeijer says

AJ has been one the nicest discoveries for me last year. So what about the future? more sales! :)

An automatic bulk purchase option would be great. No more collections. Simple custom pick any 5 items from a portfolio and get a discount, i.e.

Furthermore, a better portfolio overview. Sorting by category could be viewed more innovative, I’d say. Now it just shows items in a different order when sorting by category.

1579 posts Chris Robinson
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
contempoinc says

An update notifier, managed by Envato, for wordpress. We all know that WP is the core of Codecanyon and Themeforest. Would be great to have an unique interface. Would help a lot authors and specially customers

One already exists: http://notes.envato.com/general/envato-wordpress-toolkit/

434 posts here for love
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+2 more
nCrafts says

Currently, Envato facilities distribution of plugins and scripts over its marketplaces. Once the transaction is done, Envato steps back. I would like to see Envato work on an environment for managing the apps as well.

As a developer, I should be able to easily update changes to my scripts, keep a changelog, and manage multiple scripts.

The users should be able to easily update their scripts (or revert back, in case of trouble), get more licenses (multiple licenses, dev license, et al) with a click, try out scripts on their site itself.

I would also like to see Envato facilitate subscription based licenses for certain scripts / apps.

475 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
FlatKing says

Mobile version of envato sites
Possible 80% ring as more and more people are growing, I understand envato is expanding but you don’t just rely on themeforest you have a ton more incomes such as microlancer
Easier to work with other authors – Auto share
Faster Updates
Fairer rating system
More exposure
More badges!
Shopping Cart
Bulk discounts
Much, much better api functions
A new look at the refund system

162 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
Zineb_Chraibi says

1. The music search engine must be up-dated. You can not search an artist by their name unless you type in the EXACT name of the artist caps and spaces or underscores need to be exact. Example, Type “Zineb”. My profile does not come up. Type “Chraibi” again it does not come up. Same for “Tim” or “Pink”...the two leading sellers. Why does a search have to contain the exact name of the artist? 2. While I do agree that the top authors do great work, they dominate the coverage on Audio Jungle, Is there a way that new authors who just got started in 2013 and 2014 can get some increased visibility? Perhaps “Top Authors from 2013” or “Recommended New Authors”... It’s amazing how these 4 top authors can release a track and sell it 500 to 1000 times in only 6 months, while many of us newcomers are just climbing a wall of hope that our music will get discovered. So perhaps a second page showcasing new authors to buyers would be nice? 3. Protection from Huge companies (microsoft, GM, P&G, Google, IBM, and the like….) licensing a music track for $17 and then using it on a worldwide branding TV campaign. This is a huge issue especially since there have been reports of tracks getting purchased and then used on National commercials in the U.S. and Europe for only $17 when these big companies are more than willing to spend $15,000 (or more) for this type of music license. Money is being left on the table in these situations for both Envato and the composer. Tiered licensing for music tracks needs to be implemented so Envato and Composers can occasionally a big pay day. Thanks for listening!

5219 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+9 more
KingDog Staff says

Hey guys, Doru is exactly correct. Instead of “we want this feature”, try and think about the questions that Collis posted:

191 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Indonesia
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
JOGJAfile says

2. A higher payout % for authors.
Or at least a higher starting value (currently 50%).

+1 :D

357 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
mlamanna says

(1) In the context of the Envato ecosystem, what does success mean to you? Every time someone buys my products thrills me, that’s success.

(2) What do you want to achieve through our sites? What new things and in what new ways could we be helping you succeed? A. More sales and exposure. B. Insight or tools to help authors market their products better.

by
by
by
by
by
by