• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Halloween Competition Winner
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FamousThemes says

(1) In the context of the Envato ecosystem, what does success mean to you?

Succes is doing what you like and get paid for it. Is that feeling when you are satisfy with the things you create, and you walk smiling on the street with money in your pockets :)

(2) What do you want to achieve through our sites? What new things and in what new ways could we be helping you succeed?

Getting better in what we do, grow financial.

(3) What would it look like for the whole community to be succeeding?

In 2020 things will definetly look different. In our case themes/templates/designs/websites will follow the time trends. Envato must make sure those trends starts here like they are now. Here the theme with the big centered slider was born, here the theme with 100+ features/shortcodes was born and so on.

Inovation will make the diference, and it’s coming from some creative people that are starting the internet themes trends.

Envato can help by trying to find ways to make this people inovate. They will continue to develop items that will push the community forward.

4505 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

Hey guys, Doru is exactly correct. Instead of “we want this feature”, try and think about the questions that Collis posted:

(2) What do you want to achieve through our sites? What new things and in what new ways could we be helping you succeed?

Well all three questions depends on whether or not we get much needed site improvements. “Author success” depends on the eco system, and with the number of authors posting about feature requests, I think it would make more sense to ask what improvements are needed for a successful ecosystem, because lets be honest, it’s not perfect by a long shot. Updates have been slow over the years to adopt the large volumes of users and traffic, so it really is unclear how successful we can all be by 2020, unless Envato listens to the community more and make the necessary improvements.

1380 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
+5 more
lucafrancini Reviewer says

The meaning of success has changed many times since I’ve landed here: having an item accepted, selling one item, selling a lot of items and finally trying to make a living by selling items.

I want to achieve the freedom to do what I love and earn enough to pay my bills. How you can help me? It’s not the thread for a list of features, but for answering this question I have to speak about something concrete, like a customer friendly website; a redesign of songs value by thinking about more than two licenses options; a more dynamic front page exposure structure, along with something less confusing into the frontpage itself; a move towards quality with stricter reviews which would make us motivated to improve our stuff every day.

The community succeeds when authors and customers are happy. Both should have the feeling of being into a healthy solid world.
In the case of Envato I think that a further success would be improving the cooperation between marketplaces, helping customers to buy something in a marketplace and suggest them to buy another thing they might want into another marketplace. (e.g. now a customer lands on AJ from VH thanks to a link buried under description put by the VH user. I remember a smart graphic idea by Tim McMorris about how to improve this connection).

Sorry for my WordReference-AlcoholicTorpor-English :)

2163 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
Nitro_Themes says

I honestly think that one improvement would be very good for teamed up authors. Lets say I team up with another author and we use my account to upload the files. As the account owner i should be able to add the other author to each item that is done as co-op and the system would automatically split the income to the agreed percentages from those items that are shared income.

I would make it a share income button for each item, when clicked a modal window would pop up with the info like author account name, and the agreed percentage for the item. And i would make it so you would be able to add more than one team members to the item so if there are 3 people working on the item the income would be split 3 ways.

This would be a great improvement because we would not have to worry about remembering to split the income manually and withdrawing the money from a single account, it would also be safer since both parties once agreed to a percentage would receive their share on their own accounts.

I think it would work like a charm and nowadays there are a lot of authors teaming up to be more successful on the marketplaces. This would be awesome.

Cheers

Lester

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Certainly the efficiency of work translates into success here. The more the authors can focus on buyer needs (instead of worrying about exposure, competition & sales trends) and the more the buyers understands products and reaches the ‘needed ones’ (instead of just focusing popular ones, offers etc) then that means marketplace is efficient. The common channels that connect everyone (buyer, author and marketplace) here is purchase options, search and license. So these are the key success points regardless of time.

As an author, just need to achieve sales (earnings) with understanding about customer response. Having no idea about new ways.

Always focus on current users and have short term plans. This will help focusing users on 2020 as well as beyond. Every random users coming and going are the community.

377 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • United States
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+1 more
GoodLayers says

• I agree with RubenBristian.
  • When anyone start to create website or digital stuffs, they will think of Envato first.

1. Bulk purchase system is awesome. Many customers emailed us to get discount on bulk purchases but we had to deny them :(

2. It would be really awesome if the marketplace can create built-in support forum for authors. Now a day we have to use our support system and it’s not really good. Authors shouldn’t spend much time to create support system. It’d be great if marketplace can keep authors focus on their products :) (Hope not to wait till 2020 :D)

.... like this…

605 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Blinn says

“(1) In the context of the Envato ecosystem, what does success mean to you?”

Giving it the very best you’ve got, and know that your work is needed, used, and appreciated. Recognition is one of the deepest cravings a human being can experience. The best way one can gain recognition in this world is through service.

“Your rewards in life will come in direct proportion to your service.”—Earl Nightingale

There’s a few things I have in mind:

A: Make Extended Licenses more appealing. If a song on Audiojungle is going to be priced 5x higher than a Regular License, it should have at least 5x more value to the buyer. (more details below in C)

B: Keep an active, up-to-date list of all the types of items that saturate the market, so authors will know that they must make them with excellent quality for them to pass the review.

C: Multi-use Licensing. If I wake up one morning to see that multi-use licenses are available, I’ll start buying up sound libraries, myself. It’ll be so much easier for the buyer, much more profitable for the author, and much more valuable to Envato, to have multi-use licencing and not have to worry about renewing (especially if you’re a sound designer who has to manage thousands of files).

All that needs to happen for this to come true is to append this to Extended Licenses. :)

“(3) What would it look like for the whole community to be succeeding?”

We’d have to make a new subforum just to hold all the achievement threads. :P

149 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
sebastianjacobs says

A support forum for every item would be very helpful. On wordpress.org every plug-in has it’s own forum.

308 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Argentina
MeGustaMusic says

1. It would be working full time in the marketplace and make a living with it!

2. Would like to achieve constant sales. I think most of the improvements that user are looking for would help us all to succeed. Half of the times I read a post in the forums talking about improvements, they seem to be excellent ideas, some of the really mindblowing. If Envato could achieve to make those things true, I believe that everyone is going to be happy and sales would improve. IMHO. =) Also the reviewers would have to continue working hard in order to filter the best and innovate items.

3. Community in Envato is very strong, if the whole community achieve constant sales, I believe the quality of the items would be better, as we could be able to work more time in the items and also have more vacations =)

See you in 2020

1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
Projectheureka says

Hello Marketplaces! :-) Here at HQ we’ve been talking a lot about our Vision for 2020, to give us a long term goal to be working towards. This is a bigger picture part of our work, and helps inform the day to day priorities and goals we all have. In particular as CEO, this is a big part of my job. Essentially future-proofing Envato! Selina from my comms team is going to be collecting it all up, and helping collate everything for myself and the team. I’m expecting there to be a lot of discussion :-)

Direct community support and crowdfunded investing into as well as of buying of new websites, apps, theme and other technologic development. Read my email to marketing please. Best Regards. A.

by
by
by
by
by
by