1050 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

I will probably will not be attending. If there were a more formal event or something of substance I would reconsider. It’s a very long way to travel for 3-4 hour of informal drinks, dinner and a Foosball Tournament. I’ve been planning on attending this event since the day it was announced but I’m not going to fly half way around the world to hang out at a bar. I’m really disappointed. I was at the Chicago event and I have been hoping ever since for the next meetup to have more substance.

When I suspected this might end up being exactly what has now been confirmed, I figured I would still go and just make it a vacation by staying a week or two. Unfortunately, that idea is out because my wife will be 6 months pregnant and doesn’t want to spend 24 hours on a plane (each way). I don’t think taking a vacation by myself would be very enjoyable and can’t imagine flying for a day only to turn around and come back the next. I would spend more time on the plan than anything else.

I hope you get serious about the next meetup and make it more than just your Envato company retreat.

5628 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

I’ve talked with Jordan a bit about having smaller but more regular meetups where we schedule training or speakers etc. It’s something we would like to do…we just have to figure out a good way to do it.

I think Jeffrey and Mark’s meetup was a bit of a test to see the logistics of it. Just another thing to talk about in Kuala Lumpur :)

1050 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

I’ve just reread what I wrote about an hour ago and it came out a lot more negative than intended. I sometimes have trouble with tone in written format if I’m not careful. I like that Envato does these meetups and I think they could be very powerful. Obviously the disappointment in realizing I won’t be taking an exciting trip I was looking forward to the last 9 months (-ish ?) is evident in my comment. I hope it can be viewed constructively as I DO think there is a lot of potential here. It’s easier to criticize the efforts of others than to plan and execute something better. That wasn’t my goal. :)

5628 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

No worries Parallelus. I didn’t think you were being negative at all. I realize how big of a trip to KL can be, especially when your wife is pregnant! :)

We’d love to meet with as many authors as possible, hence the more frequent/smaller meetups we’ve been thinking about. And we realize, while hoisting a frosty pint together is very enjoyable, it would be nice to offer something a little more “educational” :)

643 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
navigator says

I hope it will be a Foosball tournament on some future meeting in Europe. I’m going to practice from tomorrow :D

702 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
OhmLab says

Well, alright then. I guess our tickets will be purchased then. See all of you who can make it there in just a few weeks!! :bigsmile:

13 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+2 more
Sapitt says

Oh no! I’ll be there! :sunglasses2:

1817 posts Videohive author & moderator
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
Mocarg Moderator says

super keen to check it out if someone wants to throw Google Hangout on a laptop and leave it in the corner while the meetup runs. :)
Great idea! Would be really cool for those of us who can’t make it! :)

Yeah do this! :)

Last time i spoke to Collis :P

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Malaysia
dhiyafaris says

See you guys there! :)

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Malaysia
dhiyafaris says

Good to know, will probably join in. BTW , anyone actually from KL here?

yeah, im from KL. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by