53 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
-ilove2design- says

Hi.

I was wondering if envato doesn’t care about that some of the users here brake the rules.

I reported a case where a user from TF is selling templates as exclusive author, both at the same time he is selling the templates at another place.

As I know exclusive means only here at envato. Right?

Well, whatever.

I reported this case and nothing happened. I still see that the templates are available for sale and this guy is still a exclusive author.

Not that this hurts me, but it’s unfair and against the rules.

2019 posts Review Manager
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Oh goodness, Envato does care. If you reported the case then Envato staff will take care of the rest. There is also the possibility that the author isn’t violating the rules like you think. Don’t worry about it though, once it’s been reported then the Envato staff will do the rest. :-)

364 posts Onuro
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
ThemeKioken says

There are always small misses in between but I’ve never seen Envato leave an issue behind, unsolved. So let’s make no mistake, they deserve the full respect for that ;)

1912 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
TPN Envato team says

Hey John,

This happened recently on FlashDen with the same scenario, but in the end the author had to pull down his files due to breach of contract / agreement. Took about two weeks for Envato to close the case. All in all, Envato doesn’t tolerate this kind of abuse.

2529 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

@ilove2design – I responded to you on this matter days ago. The issue is currently being resolved. We’ll take it from here. :)

962 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says

Of course Envato cares. Be pateint my friend. He will get whatever he deserves for breaking the rules :) you’ve done your part, now let Envato do theirs. ;)

53 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
-ilove2design- says

no stress no stress :D

this it not a “bad envato” thread. I just wondered.

Didn’t know that it takes that long :)

228 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
stevebluck says

get a grip

922 posts
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says

Allowing the system to work often takes a little patience, but the admins here are generally pretty thorough about implementing the rules once any potential conflicts are brought up.

33 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
lovecoredesigns says

I honestly believe that envato should “scrap” the Exclusive Author option, unless it of course generates more members.

The way I see it is that unless envato can produce more members who are likely to purchase something from an author, then the rules should change – allowing anyone to sell their stuff anywhere an author wishes.

Authors need to make money, and they simply aren’t making anything decent. Envato undervalue the work that is contributed to it’s marketplace. Authors need to make money and therefore should have the right to sell their content elsewhere – thus still receiving the same amount of sales commission – 40-70%.

by
by
by
by
by
by