239 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+2 more
phpdude says

Does that mean that prices can be increased by a total of 30%? Or 30% per month?

By the sounds of the Terms and Conditions, it makes it out that they can increase their prices by up to 30%, and only do it once a month.

Therefore it sounds as though they can keep increasing it by 30% each month if they wanted to.

1529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
collis Envato team says

On the other hand, I think it creates a divide in the community and ad campaigns shouldn’t only be focused on single author but the entire Envato community. A $5,000 ad campaign for a million dollar author? Why not pump that cash into Envato ad campaigns as a whole?

I agree. My thoughts are that the authors who qualify for the $5,000 ad campaign perhaps would not notice the boost in sales this campaign would bring. I’m most likely wrong on this, but for an author to get to the elite stages, they obviously have some decent marketing strategies of their own.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s awesome for the top authors, but the ad campaigns seem a little out of place.

Excellent points!

My feeling is that generally we do all our promotion for the whole community, and this is a chance for us to advertise specific items. Most people buying on the marketplaces end up buying more than just one item, so bringing them in using items from some of the best authors is also another way to bring in customers in general. So it’s win-win!

Of course at the end of the day, it’s still a reward for those elite authors, so the ‘win’ is definitely skewed to them :-D

1529 posts
  • Located in Australia
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Does that mean that prices can be increased by a total of 30%? Or 30% per month?

By the sounds of the Terms and Conditions, it makes it out that they can increase their prices by up to 30%, and only do it once a month.

Therefore it sounds as though they can keep increasing it by 30% each month if they wanted to.

They can be increased by up to a total of 30%.

So an item which is normally $35, can never go beyond $46. It could however go up to $40 one month, and then down again the following month, and then up the following month. I’m not sure buyers would like seeing that though, so I wouldn’t recommend it :-)

1799 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
BroOf says

AWESOME !

843 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
marcfolio says

Is this for real? Has the program rolled out?

239 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+2 more
phpdude says

My feeling is that generally we do all our promotion for the whole community, and this is a chance for us to advertise specific items. Most people buying on the marketplaces end up buying more than just one item, so bringing them in using items from some of the best authors is also another way to bring in customers in general. So it’s win-win! Of course at the end of the day, it’s still a reward for those elite authors, so the ‘win’ is definitely skewed to them :-D

I didn’t see it from that perspective. In that case I’m all for the ad campaigns.

PS: Really enjoyed your article of WPCandy, was a good thorough read

1529 posts
  • Located in Australia
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Also is this a pseudo-solution to all the grumbling lately about the prices being too low?
Qualifying authors will be able to make modifications to item prices for up to five items in their portfolio once a month. Prices begin at the Base Price for that category/item type, and qualifying authors are allowed to increase the price by up to 30% and rounded to the nearest dollar. For example an item with a base price of $35 can be repriced at any dollar increment between $35 and $46 (the rounded up value of $35 * 1.3). Similarly a $1 item can be repriced at either $1 or $2 (the rounded up value of $1 * 1.3).

Good spotting! While Elite has been in the works for months, the price adjustment tool was a neat idea that Mark from our SM team suggested which I really loved. It came up after we came across some discussions about WordPress pricing.

While this is not what the discussions were asking for, I think it will provide an interesting way for those top authors who have the most brand, reputation and following to command a premium.

I’ve written up a post on wpcandy in response to some of that WordPress theme discussion.

Of course Envato Elite is for authors across the marketplaces, and I know there are a sizable number of Elite authors coming from ActiveDen, CodeCanyon and VideoHive, and at least one more author who will be in Elite on AudioJungle, GraphicRiver and 3DOcean in the next couple of months. So it will be very much cross-marketplace!

1529 posts
  • Located in Australia
+10 more
collis Envato team says

PS: Really enjoyed your article of WPCandy, was a good thorough read

Thanks!! I hope the comments there are kind, we’ve had a few not super pro-themeforest ones in the past! It’s important for me to read them, but I must admit not always uplifting reading ;-)

308 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+3 more
dpremium says

Nice info about the elite badges :D

1276 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Member of the Envato Team
+15 more
ChristineWilde Envato team says

Damn! If only I was one of these WordPress guru’s! Think it will take me the rest of my life time to achieve $10million dollars worth of sales! :(

by
by
by
by
by
by