• United Kingdom
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Winner
+10 more
MSFX
says

Call of Envato – Modern Media

awesome! :D

sounds good to me, i’m up for any Unity or Flash development :)

4335 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 3
  • Beta Tester
+11 more
Reaper-Media
says

I doubt this is something Envato, as a company, will get involved in. It’s the sort of thing that they’ll leave completely up to the community. You must remember that Envato has limited resources and they’re likely not going to spend time and effort coordinating a game development process when there is little guaranteed gain for the company.

This project, if it does come into fruition, will need to be entirely community run, which will mean well need to elect project managers to male the big decisions :-)

3085 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 4
  • Blog Interview
+8 more
Raincutter
says

I doubt this is something Envato, as a company, will get involved in. It’s the sort of thing that they’ll leave completely up to the community. You must remember that Envato has limited resources and they’re likely not going to spend time and effort coordinating a game development process when there is little guaranteed gain for the company. This project, if it does come into fruition, will need to be entirely community run, which will mean well need to elect project managers to male the big decisions :-)

Plus a number of coherent members who are willing to give their time. The biggest problems in such projects are indecisive actions as everyone have their own ideas and no-one’s obliged to work under anyone else. Even if people are ready to devote their time, it would be wise to first decide upon base of game, genre and platform etc. that is, and then take further steps. That way you’d be able to clear up the confusion and get an actual estimate of how many people are willing to join.

2527 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 6
  • Beta Tester
+13 more
urbazon
says

Here we go again… It’s probably the third time such a suggestion has been contemplated, in addition to Reaper’s thread there’s been another one some time ago:

http://activeden.net/forums/thread/envato-game-concept/33500?page=9

I just wanted to say the same. It’s a great idea, but very hard to manage.

Anyway, if something happens with this idea, you can count me in for SFX (and maybe music…)

891 posts Thinking Big
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 7
+8 more
MoeHaydar
says

I just wanted to say..

Consider me in.. ive done games for both platforms (android and browser) so i have an idea of what it takes!

377 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Argentina
  • Author Level 5
  • Bundle Boss
+4 more
360Degrees
says

I like the idea. Im in!

1127 posts
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Community Superstar
+18 more
3alisha
says

It never went too far…

But count me in as the 3d graphics guy :D

Cheers!

Hope that this one actually works.

377 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Argentina
  • Author Level 5
  • Bundle Boss
+4 more
360Degrees
says

It would also be cool to expand the game(s) to iOS, Android, Web OS, BB, etc. This could end up being a big game development studio.

Just Dreaming. :D

344 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 5
  • Collector Level 2
+7 more
joshhunsaker
says

I’d be down for doing/donating music/foley/fx/sound design to it…

Sounds like an awesome idea really.

1159 posts Rules limit creativity
  • Elite Author
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Exclusive Author
+11 more
SonicCube
says

Ok, i can hear you all :)

How about these first steps :

1. Getting a official statement from envato if they would coordinate the project in any way.

2. If they dont, would they allow us to use the envato branding for the game and would they take the responsibility for the promotion of the final product.

3. After clearing the above points, looking for people who have good knowledge of the programming for different OS / plattforms to get a brief idea of what we have to think about before the concept will be written down to paper.

So, who would clear point 1. and 2. seriously with envato as a first step ?

by
by
by
by
by
by