3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
RNVNT says

It’s rare to see such an incredible group consistently launch such excellent resources. Their network is absolutely invaluable.

Thanks envato, and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for the future!

Noah

1510 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Hey Noah! 8) We do our best!

I must admit we sure do like expanding. ThemeForest is a project we’ve been excited about for almost two years now, I’m so glad it’s finally coming to fruition!!

3 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
ewcost says

I’m really excited about the possibilities of Theme Forest too! Also, will there be more theme types added to the site after it fully launches? Thanks!

1510 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Located in Australia
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Hey ewcost!

The plan is that we have a category called Misc Themes which has a lot of subcategories for things like Blogger and Shoppify. If any of them are getting a lot of items, we’ll just pull them out into their own top level category.

Similarly inside Misc Themes there is a Miscellaneous category, so if there are a lot of say PHPBB themes appearing there, we could pull that out into a Misc Themes category, or even a top level category.

We did it this way as it’s a simpler proposition for buyers to just target the biggest couple of CMSes at first. Once they get used to the idea of ThemeForest we can expand out! :-)

That’s the plan anyway

1430 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

I suggest another category – application layout.

21 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
fuski says

It will be good to see a wide veriaty of CMSes covered.

At the moment it’s only Wordpress with themes submitted. As much as I love WP I hope the see plenty of themes for other CMSes added aswell.

I’m looking into Drupal aswell as WP, though i’ve never created a theme for Drupal before… from what i’ve read, it should be fun..!?

by
by
by
by
by
by