903 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
Flash_Cart says

Yo yo yo!!!

Why in the world is there no “Gear Garden” for Custom Clothing!!!???

The need to design Envato Style Gear and Rock it around town has been with me since 2007 when I made my first sale(s) here back when it was Eden.cc!

What’s the deal? Geek Shirts, Onesies, and even Geek UnderGear for the Mrs.

Helllllooooooo!

We have some of the best talent in the world here people.

Let’s do this asap.

People may not buy code around ChristmaHannaQuanza or whatever, but people buy clothes like nobody’s business!

What’s the deal Collis, Cyan, Envato Community?

I’ve been a RedBubble.com member for a while but it’s no where near as fresh as it will be if Envato gets behind it since the Art Direction is a large part of what makes it not so monotonous to log back into Envato Sites Day-In and Day-Out and all night (like last night hitting F5 lol).

Oh Yeah, and please give me a role for coming up with this idea on the new marketplace.

8-)

I’m serious. Clothes are big business. At least, a site dedicated to high res graphic design for clothes for sale elsewhere. I’m just saying though, if Envato Partner’s with a clothing manufacturer (escpecially baby clothes which are very niche’ in the US right now.) it would be H-U-G-E.

Word.

All in favor +1 feedback please especially you deviant artist and Graphic River Gurus.

Sincerely, Sean Wichert, Sr.

659 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
luckykind says

+1 for your enthusiasm…

903 posts
+4 more
Flash_Cart says
+1 for your enthusiasm…

lol, New Avatar to maintain momentum!

2201 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
ArikB says

Here’s the problem with clothing: It’s a different industry.

Websites like threadless and designedbyhumans have their own printing facilities. You can’t just start up a marketplace that delivers ready made clothing, it’s a whole other world.

Maybe we could get a t-shirt category for GR, but I am not sure how well that would sell to be honest.

Btw, you’d need a different approval process. Something like on threadless where you have a community vote and then a staff review. The reason for this is because it takes a lot of effort and money to customize the printing process for one design. This is also the reason why high quality prints are done 100’s at a time, it’s not like you can have Collis, Cyan, Vahid and the rest of the management team ironing the design onto a t-shirt.

tl;dr: Too much hassle.

903 posts
+4 more
Flash_Cart says

Websites like threadless and designedbyhumans have their own printing facilities. You can’t just start up a marketplace that delivers ready made clothing, it’s a whole other world.

Maybe we could get a t-shirt category for GR, but I am not sure how well that would sell to be honest.

Btw, you’d need a different approval process. Something like on threadless where you have a community vote and then a staff review. The reason for this is because it takes a lot of effort and money to customize the printing process for one design. This is also the reason why high quality prints are done 100’s at a time, it’s not like you can have Collis, Cyan, Vahid and the rest of the management team ironing the design onto a t-shirt.

Before any failure, there’s brainstorming and then sometimes succes$.

Besides, who else do you know that has successfully launched a large marketplace site in a few weeks notice or so.

Designer, Developer, & Geek Gear is the NEXT BIG thing bro, it just needs Envato behind it.

8-)

1711 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

I misunderstood the first post, but what about envato branded stuff? Like activeden t shirts, mugs, towels, mousepads, notebook vinyls, whatever. With the branding and logos of the Sites. If someone lives off of envato or likes it, I’m sure people would buy. And it’s a form of advertising. Like Hey what’s that audiojungle stuff on your back? Oh, thats the place where I sell my stuff!

2201 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
ArikB says

Before any failure, there’s brainstorming and then sometimes succes$.

Besides, who else do you know that has successfully launched a large marketplace site in a few weeks notice or so.

Designer, Developer, & Geek Gear is the NEXT BIG thing bro, it just needs Envato behind it.

8-)

Okay, 2 points.

1) Envato is successful because it’s more or less the same model. All goods sold are digital, none of them are physical and require a totally separate model.

2) There is SO much Geek Gear out there. SO much.

If you look at the available options then there are 2 categories: a) Cheap, mass produced shirts a la threadless or b) expensive tees that are produced per order. eg, having your own silk screen printer and printing your own stuff or crappy iron on.

Fairhead_Creative
Fairhead_Creative Recent Posts Threads Started
32 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
Fairhead_Creative says

I’d quite happily wear a GraphicRiver logo on a shirt. Of course, it’s only a good idea if shipping came over here to the UK. ;)

903 posts
+4 more
Flash_Cart says
I misunderstood the first post, but what about envato branded stuff? Like activeden t shirts, mugs, towels, mousepads, notebook vinyls, whatever. With the branding and logos of the Sites. If someone lives off of envato or likes it, I’m sure people would buy. And it’s a form of advertising. Like Hey what’s that audiojungle stuff on your back? Oh, thats the place where I sell my stuff!

Precisely bro, been here FT since 2007, went to dell for a year.

Our shirts would be totally freakin sweet compared to the other stuff out there because it would be by Envatonians son!

903 posts
+4 more
Flash_Cart says
I’d quite happily wear a GraphicRiver logo on a shirt. Of course, it’s only a good idea if shipping came over here to the UK. ;)

Done, you can buy them too and rock out FC as well now!

8-)

by
by
by
by
by
by