988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

I agree that there would be so much problems with another marketplace site just for tee art. Customization, proof print, printing, shipping, product returns etc…all this is a whole big hassle. I am an DBH (designbyhumans) freak with some stuff on there and i know thos guys at DBH does a lot of backend work.

But i like the idea of some envato merchandising stuff in the way deviantWEAR has…t-shirts, bags, hats etc. Here we have an army of designers and Envato may run some copms for the products artwork and get some awesome designs. Thos merchandise products can be used in many ways later like for some marketing campaigns “invest $200 on the marketplaces and get a free t-shirt” or something in that way. Out of this, envato can use them also as a part of competition awards on the marketplaces or the TUTs+ sites.

...i’m adding +1 to this thread, nice idea.

903 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
Flash_Cart says
I agree that there would be so much problems with another marketplace site just for tee art. Customization, proof print, printing, shipping, product returns etc…all this is a whole big hassle. I am an DBH (designbyhumans) freak with some stuff on there and i know thos guys at DBH does a lot of backend work.

But i like the idea of some envato merchandising stuff in the way deviantWEAR has…t-shirts, bags, hats etc. Here we have an army of designers and Envato may run some copms for the products artwork and get some awesome designs. Thos merchandise products can be used in many ways later like for some marketing campaigns “invest $200 on the marketplaces and get a free t-shirt” or something in that way. Out of this, envato can use them also as a part of competition awards on the marketplaces or the TUTs+ sites.

...i’m adding +1 to this thread, nice idea.

Thank you sir.

I’ve made a few hundo off RedBubble (Also an Aussie based company mind you) and only worked on my gallery there for about 3 weeks.

So we get distributors, someone Incorporated with UPC codes preferably.

There, you set your own mark-up on cost too which is cool, and I’ve ordered about 3 of my own Shirts, Cards and even a Huge Print of a digital Artwork for my Wall.

Art is art and high res digital art can be printed, sewn, manufactured & shipped with the right partnership. There are plenty of hungry Manufacturers out there.

Maybe a simple category as suggested for Clothes on Graphic River, though I don’t believe it will have nearly as much buzz as an exclusive Branded Marketplace.

I mean, right now AD, TF, & VH are going strong. GR & AJ are growing a bit less aggressively at the moment, but growth none the less since they launched.

Some people sell and some people buy.

I say Produce the Products and people will purchase them whether digital psd/png Clothe Files to download or an actual Merchandise Marketplace. (Maybe that’s a better name btw).

The idea is that if you bridge the gap between selling 100% Digital Goods and 0% Tangible Goods and the economy gets better as a whole.

8-)

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

I’ve briefly skimmed through this thread so I probably missed some important parts but I just wanted to say that I’ve wanted an Envato, ThemeForest or Nettuts+ shirt and other gear for awhile. As soon as some of this gear is available, I’ll be buying it. :-)

8267 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

we’ve kinda done this before with the whole FD shop with FD mugs and shirts etc…

people will be like, “yeah, awesome”... but then when it actually comes to it it wont make profit as people wont be so bothered and yeah there will be a few hundred sales but that’ll be it…

As for your role / roll, try this :)

903 posts
+4 more
Flash_Cart says
I’ve briefly skimmed through this thread so I probably missed some important parts but I just wanted to say that I’ve wanted an Envato, ThemeForest or Nettuts+ shirt and other gear for awhile. As soon as some of this gear is available, I’ll be buying it. :-)

Exactly.

They can easily be added to my RedBubble Account however again, Envato launching an official merch market is a much more revitalizing effect on the future growth as a company.

I just need the permission and files unless of coarse, we have enough momentum now to launch such an awesome marketplace site for custom gear?

The other thing about RedBubble, is that you currently can only upload your design to a specific region on the front of the shirts.

Their Prints & Greeting Cards are simply based on how high resolution your uploaded design is.

Also, the thing about a merch marketplace is gaining Real-Life “Face-Value” with your community since it encourages people who purchase clothing to post/email in a “Showcase Section” of the finished product.

It’s really cool.

903 posts
+4 more
Flash_Cart says
we’ve kinda done this before with the whole FD shop with FD mugs and shirts etc…

people will be like, “yeah, awesome”... but then when it actually comes to it it wont make profit as people wont be so bothered and yeah there will be a few hundred sales but that’ll be it…

lmoa

8267 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

lmoa

;)

Given that they have 3docean in beta and CodeCanyon on its way I think it may be a while before we see anything like this…

print them yourself and sell for now :P :D

903 posts
+4 more
Flash_Cart says

Given that they have 3docean in beta and CodeCanyon on its way I think it may be a while before we see anything like this…

print them yourself and sell for now :P :D

Interested to read what Collis & Cyan think about it.

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

I took the idea from one Envato contest back in 2007 :) in fact I think I’ll print this.

\\

988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

ah, i think they schould be more branded and somehow show what is the marketplace about with the design on the tee…maybe something like this. I have scratched something fast here, just as an idea of what we could offer if merchandise products idea implemented.

click on the image below to see larger preview. :P

by
by
by
by
by
by