@WebSmacker Let’s not go too far with this, Envato has nothing to do with this, it’s an application, you installed it, if you’re unhappy with it, uninstall it. It’s not like anyone forces you to keep it in your cellphone.
You are right. I uninstalled and changed my google play rating/review to warn others. I’ll leave it at that.
Best Envato notification apps. Thank you for this
- Author was Featured
- Beta Tester
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- United States
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Referred between 200 and 499 users
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
For the OP, you’re misunderstanding the concept of free application. You NEVER said anywhere that you can send messages to the users at some point, that you can use their data or whatever else.
Business is based on credibility. You lose your credibility, you won’t sell a thing ever again to that customer. He doesn’t trust you => he’ll NEVER buy from you, unless you’ll bring the product value to a point where he’ll need to ignore the credibility issue, which is extremely hard to happen.
If you’re unhappy with the fact that it’s free and you want something out of it, you should’ve released it as a paid application. For the user-side, obviously the guys here feel cheated since you abused the data they shared with you, who knows that tomorrow you won’t use whatever data the users allowed you to see in their disadvantage? What if you’ll use their API keys or whatever the app uses … in other purposes?
This is just my opinion from a 3rd party side, I don’t have the application.
Thanks Very Much Bro, I used This app for my samsung Galaxy S duos, Its really amazing app
really a amazing and useful app I’ve been used for a year thanks to release!
- @FinalDestiny: This is not business, I am not selling anything, and I’ll quote line from my first post here: “it is a free app and there is no Ads or commercials in app – so there is no benefit for me *(except morally)”
- I asked for a favor thinking that someone of you (app users) would like to help… I didn’t say go to that link and click there, buy something or etc…
- @WPAlchemy: there is a several things that I would like to explain regarding security, notification system and how it works (in general), but in this moment I don’t have enough time and will to do it…
Great thanks +1000
This is the best plugin i have installed on Android Marketplaces.
I love your App. Thanks again.
The only (new) thing is, over the last hour I went mad. I got 5 times a notification. The first two times directly in a row. I was sure that these must be sales because I switched off the “New comments” notification. Unfortunately it has shown “New comments”. After opening the “comments” folder there not even was a new comment.
I had this issue one time before. How can this happen? Don’t like it. (still love your app)
Thanks for help.