717 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
TimMcMorris says

A few times now I have run into a situation where a large and respectable client contacts me because they desire to make multiple licenses purchases for their needs.

One case it was 50 licenses and another case was 20 extended licenses.

The problem that exists today is that you can only purchase one license at a time. While yes they could deposit enough money and go through a single purchase 50 or 20 times, I am finding that the current system actually deters clients from being honest and buying the number of licenses they require.

In my case these two companies have been honest, but I can’t help but think others are simply annoyed by the process and either go somewhere else or just buy one license.

In each case, I have needed to contact support where it has then taken a week+ to get each purchase facilitated. As this really shouldn’t be a support issue, the normal wait time for support related issues is jeopardizing my business as clients get frustrated waiting to hear back.

Often times business are on rush deadlines and need to make purchases fast. Given that these sites are marketplaces where people come to buy things, and many of us invest huge amounts of time and effort into building up Envato by sending our clients here, I do not think this is too much to ask. I find myself wondering why this isn’t already a function and I am having to ask for it.

I remember ( a while ago ) a thread about a shopping cart. Anyone know about progress that was made in that area? Thanks!

4594 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+7 more
KingDog Staff says

I agree completely. I’m in a similar boat when it comes to purchasing large quantities of photos. Not fun at all.

Let me see if I can rustle up an update on this :)

972 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

This is something alot of people want.. This post was more for a 1 licence you could buy for say 10 sites or what not, but its basically the same http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/any-update-on-multiusedeveloper-or-volume-licenses/54130

PS, why does suport take so long? do you need any extra staff, I would be willing to work for free to get this community happy again as I hear again and again about support taking weeks for something that sounds so simple.. I can’t say I will be on all the time doing support but I would take a good crack at it.

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

... I do not think this is too much to ask. I find myself wondering why this isn’t already a function and I am having to ask for it. I remember ( a while ago ) a thread about a shopping cart. Anyone know about progress that was made in that area? Thanks!

Many authors from different marketplaces feels the same. Looking at the past history of upgrades and improvements on Envato and more than a dozen threads of feedback, it is safe to assume that certain obvious things are missing for valid reasons, possibly for business/economy related or to escape from risk factors (that is a little subjective area, most private companies feel commitment and responsibilities as risk factor).

The sad part of Envato’s current growth level (or success) is they crossed the escape velocity and possible to survive even without improvements and without user experience considerations. Hope they will just move ahead and do little bit upgrades targeting user experience.

318 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
vtimbuc says

You are right Tim. I bet that 90% of the buyers just buy one single license and use it in more that one project just because they can’t buy multiple licenses at a time or they can’t buy a developer license.

This is huge mistake from Envato, as we authors lose a lot of money, and this two features have been asked for years.

To be honest I don’t expect any update soon relating to this issues because these new features on Envato take years to come out.

1486 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
dorde says

+1 for idea.
Congrats Tim for huge success as AJ author. I hope I’ll have same “problems” :)

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
TylerQuinn says

I have had a few people contact me regarding similar issues. Im 99% sure that after telling them they need one license per site and there is no way to buy multiple licenses in one go, they simply use the one license on all their sites.

Right now the checkout process kind of works against the license agreement in the sense that it makes it a pain in the ass for people who actually want to purchase a large amount of licenses.

242 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Netherlands
+1 more
ceasar says

Agreed with you all. It would be great to have the option for several licenses