87 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
nexion says

I agree with industrykidz regarding the review team but don’t think it’s because of the giraffes, if someone knows he can get the item there, he will get it there even if it’s 1$. It looks like the have decided to lower their quality guidelines, the reason might be decreased traffic, just look at some files accepted in the last month, they would be hard rejected 6 months ago. They want more buyers and more files, who cares about the authors, they will accept it like always and will now make even more files to compensate the loss. This is a really bad move because authors have now alternatives to sell their files, the traffic is not like on GR but it will rise if more and more authors decide to sell their files on another marketplace (where they can set the price).

6088 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

2$ why even have a review team with dose prices

hmm… found a reason for such low pricing taken as easy decision – not necessarily true but a possibility:

May be these days the number of buyers who depositing funds are less than those who purchases with $2 surcharge? When such sales started dominating deposit sales, item’s average price apparently increases. Especially this miracle is a possibility only in GR since just $2 surchage is 50% extra for a $4 file! In such case, what Envato does now can be a good strategy! :D

It is sad that we authors spend our time on researching these itty bitty things but what to do, microstock is essentially all about these tiny stuff and numbers!

1373 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

Guys, please contact with them, send ticket because last night they changed from $2 to $4 my item’s price. I dont know, probably because my mouth was the bigest here. But i think if they changed this, they should change all yours, all the those item’s price which was involved into this experiment. Unfortunately i did not received any answer, except the automatic copy. Then i immediately took a look on the rest items, but i did not recognized any changes. I hope it’s not only because im the one who stood up with big mouth. I will keep looking on the items, and as i said before, im not going to “go home” just because seems like, my problem is solved. And i think Envato owe to us with a explanation.

728 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
snkart says

I don’t understand one thing: if they cut the prices doesn’t it mean that they will earn less? Because they take 50% max of any sale.

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Hi everyone, Review Team Manager here.

Recently it came to my attention that pricing in a few categories on GraphicRiver has not been set consistently by the Review Team and we’ve been working to resolve the pricing inconsistencies to be inline with what they’re supposed to be. The pricing changes you’ve noticed (as mentioned so far in this thread) has been initiated for that reason only and not for any of the other issues mentioned in this thread.

However, the concern over whether our set pricing bands is appropriate with relation to the industry, other item types and other categories may be valid. That isn’t an area I manage but I am bringing it to the attention of the appropriate staff. I know that pricing re-evaluation for various GraphicRiver categories is already underway, but this is not being handled by the Review Team.

Thanks everyone!

1373 posts
+5 more
dekurvajo says

I don’t understand one thing: if they cut the prices doesn’t it mean that they will earn less? Because they take 50% max of any sale.
If they will explain what is their strategy we will know. Probably they expecting this will generate more sales. So even the items price are low, the gain of the traffic will cause the counter-balance. Basic economical strategy, and it could works but not in every situation. If you go to the vegetable market and selling apples, the market always orienting to the demand-supply. Thats true, you can increase the traffic with deflation, but you can not increase the demand. But they forgot the fact, this strategy works on impulse buyers. And they forgot the another fact which is us, authors. Let say, my working hours, my 47% what i have to pay to them is allready dancing on that thin red line what i can accept. And this kind of act are mostly impossible to turn back, so i think they should not play this game irresponsible like this. And how about the impact on the previous items? Why they dont decrease the price for those items which has no even 10 sales since the author’s uploaded years ago. Why the brand new fresh and more advanced items should be wasted? Full of contradiction, Any judicious economist would get a brain stroke if he would see this.
895 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
Koolgfx says

It’s fuc*in shameful! Envato Staff thinks that we make add-ons (particularly PS STYLES) in 5minutes, but they doesnt know that is the fruit of hard work!

I’ll spent many ours of my time trying to create something differente and special and this is the reward? I’m disgusted.

$2 for a pack of 10 PREMIUM styles? It seems that my net gain is $1 (0,70 € in my country). And sincerely and I dont work to give PRATICALLY FOR FREE my hard works.

If these are the future prices, I’ll delete all of my files and goodbye Envato.

I repeat.. this is shameful!

:X

2075 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
LanceSnider says

Hey guys,

We understand that there are a few pricing issues on GR especially. It’s something we’re working hard to solve. We know how much work you guys put into files and certainly don’t want to devalue them. Vectors are step 1 as they seem to be one of the biggest issues. If these are way off, we can put them close to the top of the list.

Thanks so much for your input! I’ll probably grab a few of you for individual input soon.

667 posts SickFlyers.com
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
INDUSTRYKIDZ says

This is Pretty Crazy! its been like a week or 2.

951 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
Giallo says

The main problem is that there are amazing Layer STyles here, but 98% are terrible.. only the same authors make good Layer Styles, the others accepted are just not recordable as professional Layer Styles, but Envato set them on the same level.

All this over-accepting in the market, bought to an OVER-SATURATION in that category, and that’s what will happen in the years to all the categories, and slowly we’ll have much more files and much more concurrency over the years, lower prices and less sales.

This is why I think that the Envato’s philosophy of being so permissive with the quality guidelines and aesthetics, here on GR, is gonna kill the market much faster than it could.

If they set stricter quality guidelines, like on TF, we’ll have much more quality, at the right price.

This way of accepting and selling files here deals with quantity, not quality, actually, this is why is better to stop making Styles now, because the crap is priced like the masterpieces.

by
by
by
by
by
by