SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
350 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
SnoopyIndustries says

Hi,

I was wondering why Envato doesn’t do this. Doesn’t it look like a much better marketing idea than BUNDLES?

Hypothetically, us authors are creating items around the word “dictionary” because we’ve seen 1-5-100 items getting featured which were about this word, but clients are sick and tired of seeing that everywhere and now the vast majority of people are searching “fudge” but there are only a few(old and nasty), or no items at all, about fudge.

I understand why we can’t have access to client details and I respect that, it’s the right choice, but why can’t we have access to client needs?

1675 posts Multimedia Artistry
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Contributed a free file of the month
+4 more
dnp_theme says
SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
350 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
SnoopyIndustries says

I have, thanks. But NOT what I was talking about. I wasn’t talking about how people find my files or somebody else’s. I was talking about an overall analysis on what people want from Themeforest (and search through the search bar on envato). So not a personal one, an “Envato” one, which might inspire us to go towards a market (the above mentioned “fudge”) we would never think about going towards, but which is mega wanted by clients

Has referred 100+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Contributed a free file of the month
+4 more
dnp_theme says
The easiest and cheapest research you can do
  • corporate, 3dslider check how many items, how many sales, level of complexity / features of the best sellers etc
  • yes there is no built in analytics for search/tags, trends or evolution graphics, but the popular items here and their keywords pack would provide quite valuable research data, freshly available every week
  • sum up all data for let’s say 2-3 months of gathering data, you can get an estimated course of market evolution
  • the conclusion of this data mining is that new ideas and new features will always stand up

I hope this helps. D

1236 posts How's the surf doing?
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

Just playing devils advocate here;

If we were to get hold of the data, wouldn’t it just be used to make sure that we all hit EXACTLY what buyers are looking for?

For instance, let’s say that the biggest search out there is ‘green corporate’, suddenly now we’re given this data, every author updates their item to have a ‘green’ and a ‘corporate’ tag & now the search for ‘green corporate’ is pointless, because most of the themes now appear.

Personally, I think that if we had this data, authors would just move tags around too much to match current search trends. For instance, if the top search was ‘metro’ or ‘flat metro’, the first thing I would do is move 3 of my items to these tags, even though they’re not 100% true, I’d want the extra exposure. Since I don’t know this data, then there’s no way of me ‘gaming’ the tag system so to speak.

Just a thought :)

+4 more
dnp_theme says

Actually I’ve seen authors doing tagging tactics.

by
by
by
by
by
by