438 posts here for love
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
nCrafts says

...You are recognized for what you do, and not for your fancy degree, experience, or country
One of the best comments I have ever read in this forum. Well stated buddy!
hmm.. isn’t this already apply for all the internet based professional – communities? Atleast I felt this way always – it is more of internet’s gift.

I have scouted around freelance hiring sites like Elance and ODesk before this, and there is a certain element of bias over there. Freelancers with experience, and an impressive portfolio get a clear preference over the others. Country also makes a difference: quite a few job posters explicitly state that they are looking for US-only freelancers. I had no degree, no portfolio, and am not a US resident. I spent a month over there, with no luck at all. Almost all the work was with the servile veterans.

Reluctantly, I thought I’d give Envato marketplaces a try. I am surprised, and humbled. My sales aren’t huge, but what I fell in love with was the acceptance I got over here. I am rewarded for what I craft, and not for who I am. It is a humbling experience, and only makes me want to do better each time.

Elance is about who you are. Envato is about what you do ;)

1431 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
mrcharlesbrown says

...You are recognized for what you do, and not for your fancy degree, experience, or country
One of the best comments I have ever read in this forum. Well stated buddy!
hmm.. isn’t this already apply for all the internet based professional – communities? Atleast I felt this way always – it is more of internet’s gift.

I have scouted around freelance hiring sites like Elance and ODesk before this, and there is a certain element of bias over there. Freelancers with experience, and an impressive portfolio get a clear preference over the others. Country also makes a difference: quite a few job posters explicitly state that they are looking for US-only freelancers. I had no degree, no portfolio, and am not a US resident. I spent a month over there, with no luck at all. Almost all the work was with the servile veterans.

Reluctantly, I thought I’d give Envato marketplaces a try. I am surprised, and humbled. My sales aren’t huge, but what I fell in love with was the acceptance I got over here. I am rewarded for what I craft, and not for who I am. It is a humbling experience, and only makes me want to do better each time.

That is one of the major reasons for the rapid growth of Envato and it will remain so because of the strong foundation for talent enhancement.

73 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Brainart says

That’s Right man !! One of the best comments I have ever read in this forum. Well stated buddy!

That is one of the major reasons for the rapid growth of Envato and it will remain so because of the strong foundation for talent enhancement.
5944 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

@nCrafts, freelancing obviously requires much span of initial time to gain projects / recognisation (not matter even if it is through Envato or anything). Making products naturally has the benefit of initial sales. We can’t compare this particular aspect. And more than freelancing and stock, there are variety of professional communities all proven to prioritize/appriciate work rather then education or country.

Comments like this makes me to comment more but I already derailed this thread – sorry. Please back to topic everyone! :)

73 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Brainart says

@nCrafts, freelancing obviously requires much span of initial time to gain projects / recognisation (not matter even if it is through Envato or anything). Making products naturally has the benefit of initial sales. We can’t compare this particular aspect. And more than freelancing and stock, there are variety of professional communities all proven to prioritize/appriciate work rather then education or country.

Comments like this makes me to comment more but I already derailed this thread – sorry. Please back to topic everyone! :)
Hhhhhé !! No Problem man !! answer if you want !! ;)
by
by
by
by
by
by