320 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
SuggeElson says

Every day new topic for ratings. Don`t loose time and energy to complain just make awesome items and if you get negative rating and this is not your fould drink one wiskey in good night bar with friends :) ( use money from client who rate you bad )

1040 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
Pixelworkshop says

Every day new topic for ratings. Don`t loose time and energy to complain just make awesome items and if you get negative rating and this is not your fould drink one wiskey in good night bar with friends :) ( use money from client who rate you bad )

this :)

12 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
vamospace says

Nice man :D

6028 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Always amazes me why Envato, is identified as an unfair place for ratings and its system.

We need little bit patience while reading the complaints of other authors pal! Lets respect the time spent and frustration shared by people.

If you read the original post carefully, the root cause of the complaint is “buyer’s ability to change ratings any time without limits”. This is a definite flaw in the rating system – the problem is not just with the author or item. That’s different case.

A safer rating system will have some time span restriction to alter the ratings like 2 days, 1 week etc. That is enough to fix the problems like this. Currently it encourages buyers to blackmail while making support conversation with authors.

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

First off do not call me pal.

From were I come from that is an inciteful and demeaning and derrogitory term, and with the appendage of a ( ! ) exacts that thought.

Secondly, Authors get over yourselves.

You bitch about every nuance with the inconsistency of random integers. Its getting painfully dull and boring.

Its a rating system. Users are afforded the right to rate and comment how they see fit. Like I said get over it and move on. If you continually concentrate on the negatives, you will always have a cup thats half empty.

4672 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

First off do not call me pal.

\\

I thought we were all pals here? :D On topic… I blame the system! and humans.

6028 posts
+8 more
VF says

:D

We better focus on objective side of any complaints / comment.

4672 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

Let’s look at this objectively for a case that the rating system is flawed.

Some of the top selling themes although are 5 star items have over 100×1 star ratings. Those themes must be the best items since they have the highest sales, so why do they also have so many 1 star ratings? Are those buyers seeing something most aren’t or are they just abusing the system. I think the latter.

But because we can’t control what some individuals think or do, then the rating system is flawed because it doesn’t protect authors from abuse. Therefore Envato needs to rethink how the rating system works.

Perhaps a better system is, “Silver”, “Gold” and “Platinum” files based on rating. On their own they all sound good, and there is no negative connotation. And if all files here have to be high quality to be approved, then they should be at least be at default a 3 star or “Silver” item.

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

No offence intended VF

6028 posts
+8 more
VF says

No offence intended VF

No offence taken too :)

Btw, understandably seeing repeated negativity towards something makes us tired, I agree. Unfortunately authors also faces the exact same issue on item support / ratings etc.

by
by
by
by
by
by