548 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Spain
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

Thanks KingDog. Cdoul you put in a request to allow us to have multiple footers, and choose which one to use (with a default) on a per item basis? That way, I could tailor my different styles of music with different information. Cheers!
Oh, now that would be very nice.

While in some ways that would be useful, I think it would defeat the point slightly as you’re then managing multiple sets of footers again. Plus, unless you could continually add new footers to that list, then how many would you have?

Personally, a single footer would work for me well as I could then add specific information for that item to the item description…but if devs agree to multiple footers as well (assuming they agree at all!), then of course the more options the better!

Andrey, I’m assuming that was a joke about having coded your own thing right? :)

2086 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

This has been suggested quite a few times in the past… I hope this time it really gets picked up by dev team.

- best selling items,

I was thinking about this a few days ago… It would be a great feature to get this done automatically, instead of rechecking it myself and retyping the html code every time I want to update this list.

There are also a few other minor but very helpful options to author profile page suggested a long time ago, but none of them really got the attention of the dev team. For example, a separate field for “related items” and a tool to choose related files from your portfolio and link them.

279 posts Make music with passion or don't make music at all
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+1 more
sweetwaveaudio says

This would be awesome!

1550 posts
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

Andrey, I’m assuming that was a joke about having coded your own thing right? :)
Not at all ! I am too lazy to update 100+ items manually with many cross references and instead of it I spent about 8-10 hour to write program. But now if I need to change anything or new items added then just press the button. Check any of my VideoHive item to see how cross references works.

Btw It looks like very common need here on any market. I will think and may be share my code but need to make it litle bit more universal. Now my code works from Microsoft Access app ad store item details locally into db too.

Best Regards, Andrey

872 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+4 more
AndySlatter Reviewer says

Hi,

I expect this has been suggested before, but I think a massively useful feature on the market place would be an additional box called ‘footer’ in the admin end of our profiles that we can fill with HTML content (just like the ‘Profile Text’ box under My Settings) and that is shown on all items just below the Item Description.

It would mean there’s just one place to go to edit things we want to flag up for our customers that we put on all our products (like social media links and a ‘latest tracks’ graphic), rather than having to edit the description of each item every time we want to update something in all our tracks.

Just a thought…

Thanks

Chris

I think it’s a great idea, I was only thinking about something like this yesterday.

Romosel-Exclusive
Romosel-Exclusive Recent Posts Threads Started
361 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
+2 more
Romosel-Exclusive says

Not at all ! I am too lazy to update 100+ items manually with many cross references and instead of it I spent about 8-10 hour to write program. But now if I need to change anything or new items added then just press the button. Check any of my VideoHive item to see how cross references works.

Btw It looks like very common need here on any market. I will think and may be share my code but need to make it litle bit more universal. Now my code works from Microsoft Access app ad store item details locally into db too.

Best Regards, Andrey

I am too lazy to update 800+ items manually :D

1550 posts
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

Hello AudioJungle brothers and sisters!

I am glad to report that I simplified updater I mentioned previously. Now it is simple Excel updater which allows you to update as many your items as you need with simple buttons press. Single or multiple(as many as you want) footers are supported. You can easily update already added manually footers too.

Sorry if you are Mac or Linux user or if you dont have Excel from Microsoft Office package (any version starting MS office 97 shall works fine).

http://rghost.net/37537748
you can free download it here.

Please read “Help” sheet before any usage! Also you will need to enable macros(active content). It shall work I assume on any market here but I tested it on my 5 AudioJungle items and 100+ videohive items only. Will try to fix any issues you report but you may update it too if you know VBA . :-)

Have a great sales!

P.S. I don’t know if this kind of post is allowed. Anyway this is just a simple open VBA code in form of exel (you may check or modify it btw) with purpose to help other authors don’t spend a lot of time anymore doing hundreds updates manually. Code works on VBA and it is not fast (and no paraller pages updates of course) so traffic to the envato server shall not be huge to make any inconvinience for Envato .

Best Regards,
Andrey

835 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
gbiasillo says

That’s great! Thanks for sharing!

1118 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+2 more
SonicCube says

Interesting idea. I’ll bring it up when I talk to a Dev :)

Sound’s good :) Some of us mentioned that several times before, and Scott once said, that i will be considered sometime in the future. This would really save minutes and hours pasting all that updates and descriptions to every item page.

835 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
gbiasillo says

I only have VS 2008 on my Mac, which doesn’t support macro. Oh well – thanks anyway, I’m sure it’ll be very useful for the windows crew. Hopefully Envato will come up with their solution soon :)

by
by
by
by
by
by