• Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
Japh Staff says

I later changed my form to forefoot running. This wasn’t easy at all to adapt to but I have not had any issues since other than initially breaking my toe nails (surprisingly didn’t hurt and I noticed this by accident :D ), my toes would swell sometimes and get blistered etc. All good now ^^ I discovered that when heel striking, i.e. landing on my heels, I’d take all the impact in my knee. This does not happen when I land on my forefoot, I feel the impact in my calf muscle. So my advice for you is to find your running form. If your feeling injury in your knee, hips etc, look into your form. Good luck!

I’ve been thinking about this recently myself. Wondering if I should try to change my form to forefoot running, and how I should go about doing that.

I’ve also heard that barefoot running, or using the Vibram Five Finger shoes, can be an added improvement to that. Have you tried those?

2564 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
+14 more
contrastblack Staff says

I later changed my form to forefoot running. This wasn’t easy at all to adapt to but I have not had any issues since other than initially breaking my toe nails (surprisingly didn’t hurt and I noticed this by accident :D ), my toes would swell sometimes and get blistered etc. All good now ^^ I discovered that when heel striking, i.e. landing on my heels, I’d take all the impact in my knee. This does not happen when I land on my forefoot, I feel the impact in my calf muscle. So my advice for you is to find your running form. If your feeling injury in your knee, hips etc, look into your form. Good luck!
I’ve also heard that barefoot running, or using the Vibram Five Finger shoes, can be an added improvement to that. Have you tried those?

Hey, as long as you stay away from running in these, all good my friend:

:D

635 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Typps says

I’ve been thinking about this recently myself. Wondering if I should try to change my form to forefoot running, and how I should go about doing that. I’ve also heard that barefoot running, or using the Vibram Five Finger shoes, can be an added improvement to that. Have you tried those?

I’ve not tried the Vibram shoes but I’m pretty sure it will help you adapt to forefoot running faster, if only because barefoot running brings you back to your natural running form i.e. running on your forefoot. It took me quite long to adapt with normal running shoes.

Also train your calf muscles because this is where you’ll feel all the impact. If your not used to this, it’s like going to the gym for the first time and the calf muscle will ache, the normal I guess :)

1276 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+12 more
ChristineWilde Reviewer says

I’m up for the challenge! Been doing a lot of running lately. Trying to get up to 5km each time I run. Been aiming for at least 10 miles a week. This challenge will hopefully help me to be more motivated. Good luck everyone! :)

102 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
ThematiCSS says

So, guys and girls could someone explain to me, the actual challenge will start on Jan 16th? In case, what about the challenge that has started today?

2564 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+14 more
contrastblack Staff says

So, guys and girls could someone explain to me, the actual challenge will start on Jan 16th? In case, what about the challenge that has started today?

That is correct, official challenge starts on the 16th Melbourne time, as Joffer posted/updated this thread. The current challenge was meant as a trial, and as you can’t cancel it, we’ll simply have to ignore it and take only the new one into account.

102 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
ThematiCSS says

That is correct, official challenge starts on the 16th Melbourne time, as Joffer posted/updated this thread. The current challenge was meant as a trial, and as you can’t cancel it, we’ll simply have to ignore it and take only the new one into account.

Thank you! Then I’m going to take a rest. I’ve ran already 30+km in the past two days. :D

125 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
MHF says

man i was hoping to run 2 or 3 days in the whole competition, now i see i wasted two days by that postponement! i mean, C’mon.. :confusedsad:

50 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
Rypepixel says

GAME ON!!!!!!!!

635 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Typps says

Weather forecast says it will be raining tomorrow, so prepping myself mentally for a long walk with an umbrella. I’ve done it before and it’s fun :)

by
by
by
by
by
by