11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
chrisdojo says

Seems that support isn’t supporting me. I purchased a template that (according to the author) will not work with my host (PHP / CMS control panel integrated). I have yet to get ANY response from support. It’s now been 10 days since the initial ticket was sent.

54 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
Antech says

Took me 14 days to get any response, then they sent me a link to there wiki which did not help, I think they are playing for time hoping i will give up and forget about it!!

Alot of themes here look great but don’t function like they advertise, but by the time you have found that out its too late!! my advice go shop else where, do not give these people anymore of your money!!

You can have a look at this thresd for an example: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/express-store-theme-gone-so-is-support-site/57175

Not one admin from envato has posted to help, all i want is a working file like advertised or a refund!! not hard really!!

The only thing i can do now is try and sell the themes i have to gain some of my money back!!

Good Luck!! you will need it!!

2457 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

@chrisdojo

Sometimes it can take a while, but they do reply. Does the item you purchased say in its description that it will work on a setup like yours?

@Antech

Your problem is that the author didn’t give enough time to his clients to update to the patched version, before removing the item. Envato has nothing to do with the bad practice of that author in this case.

“The only thing i can do now is try and sell the themes i have to gain some of my money back!!”

You do know you can get sued for that, right?

382 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
MelforDMThemes says

The only thing i can do now is try and sell the themes i have to gain some of my money back!!

what the…

11 posts
chrisdojo says

@digitalimpact The description of the template http://themeforest.net/item/darkslider/105549?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=Devilcantburn doesn’t state “does not work in some environments” or anything of the sort.

I wanted this theme because it had a blog system integrated within the template, and a “control panel” for new entries. Also, the author touts “Easy to install with installation form and only ONE file for configurate the theme.” Not the case for me as I get an error:

Error : Database connexion failed

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'xxxxxx'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/install_process.php on line 14

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/install_process.php on line 14
Access denied for user 'xxxxxx'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

(xxxxxx added for privacy)

I contacted the author Devilcantburn and his reply was “The script returns an error… i think the host value is not the good one… you have to check your database information from your provider.”

I’ve done extensive troubleshooting, but it is still not working.

3247 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

@digitalimpact The description of the template http://themeforest.net/item/darkslider/105549?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=Devilcantburn doesn’t state “does not work in some environments” or anything of the sort.

I wanted this theme because it had a blog system integrated within the template, and a “control panel” for new entries. Also, the author touts “Easy to install with installation form and only ONE file for configurate the theme.” Not the case for me as I get an error:

Error : Database connexion failed

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'xxxxxx'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/install_process.php on line 14

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/install_process.php on line 14
Access denied for user 'xxxxxx'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

(xxxxxx added for privacy)

I contacted the author Devilcantburn and his reply was “The script returns an error… i think the host value is not the good one… you have to check your database information from your provider.”

I’ve done extensive troubleshooting, but it is still not working.

looking at those errors it just looks like you’re setting the script up wrong, who do you host through?

its failing to connect which means a) your have something set wrong/typed a password or user name wrong b) you host has misconfigured your server(which happens) c) your server doesn’t have the right version of MYSQL

11 posts
chrisdojo says

@OrganicBeeMedia I use justhost.

a) I’ve followed the directions in the given documentation. Obviously I know the correct un/pass to enter. b) What could be reconfigured? c) If they have the wrong version, then the template is not compatible

I purchased the template because of the touted “easy setup” / blog system. As long as I’ve spent troubleshooting, I am just wanting a credit so I can find a compatible template.

2457 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

doesn’t state “does not work in some environments” or anything of the sort.

It would be ridiculous to ask authors to state all setups that something will not work with.

Also, I see the author did try to help. Do you even have a database setup?...

11 posts
chrisdojo says

doesn’t state “does not work in some environments” or anything of the sort.

It would be ridiculous to ask authors to state all setups that something will not work with.

Also, I see the author did try to help. Do you even have a database setup?...

Yes, of course I have a database set up.

I wouldn’t call it the author helped. More like, he replied to my situation saying that it doesn’t work with my host, and I agree with him as I have gotten nowhere with my further troubleshooting.

Also, RE: “It would be ridiculous to ask authors to state all setups that something will not work with.” I wouldn’t expect them to be able to test every host out there. My comment “doesn’t state “does not work in some environments” or anything of the sort.” was in response to your earlier question “Does the item you purchased say in its description that it will work on a setup like yours?”.

1141 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
KarmaThemes says

c) If they have the wrong version, then the template is not compatible

Well, no, this means your server is probably not up to date and has some restrictions.
The theme would not be on themeforest if it was not working, that’s the policy and self explanatory. In order to get a refund you must prove that the item does not work/does not work as advertised. So as others asked, if it does not clearly say it will work with your set up and if you can prove the error is neither on your not on the host’s side, then and only then you will get a refund.
Try to find somebody to help you on the forums instead of ranting, mate. There are a lot of awesome, helpful people on here who will gladly help you for free!

All the best!

by
by
by
by
by
by