11 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
chrisdojo says

On my side of things, was his “quote myself” comment necessary? No. How am I to know, prior to having the files, if it is compatible with my host or not?

you were rude before their comment….

and theres a comment section where you could have simply asked

I wouldn’t exactly expect to have to ask “will this template work” before I buy something. The fact that it is incompatible on my end is the reason for support and refund credits, yes?

4594 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+7 more
KingDog Staff says

As I said previously, if the file was not functioning correctly it would take time for Support to look at it and test it. As it stands, I’ve asked Support to give us some feedback on the ticket.

In the meantime, I think you may want to go through the installation steps again. We’re not saying that the files is incompatible with your host, but rather that there may be an error with how you’re setting it up.

3117 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

On my side of things, was his “quote myself” comment necessary? No. How am I to know, prior to having the files, if it is compatible with my host or not?

you were rude before their comment….

and theres a comment section where you could have simply asked
I wouldn’t exactly expect to have to ask “will this template work” before I buy something. The fact that it is incompatible on my end is the reason for support and refund credits, yes?
  • will this template work with this server configuration… or what are the server requirements…

I know when I purchase something for myself or clients dealing with code, software, or any type of server environment I make sure it’ll work with the setup I have, as I said you purchased something without the proper knowledge of how php, mysql and servers work, how is that envato or the authors fault? would you buy a car if you didn’t know how to drive then blame the auto company because you couldn’t figure it out…

people have tired helping you here, and are probably still willing to help you here, but you think you’ve tired every possible solution to get the theme to work on your hosting

1141 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
KarmaThemes says

I kindly advised you to open a thread asking for help (in a nice way) because there are plenty of great developers that would love to help you for free. I count myself and OBM in.
You ignored my advise, so I repeated myself.
If you are not eager on getting this solved but only want your money back I suggest letting this thread go and waiting for a response from support, unfortunately noone on the forum can help you on this matter.
Oh, and it’s a she, not a he.

Have a nice weekend and all the best :)

11 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
chrisdojo says

I kindly advised you to open a thread asking for help (in a nice way) because there are plenty of great developers that would love to help you for free. I count myself and OBM in.
You ignored my advise, so I repeated myself.
If you are not eager on getting this solved but only want your money back I suggest letting this thread go and waiting for a response from support, unfortunately noone on the forum can help you on this matter.
Oh, and it’s a she, not a he.

Have a nice weekend and all the best :)

Ok, sorry. I thought you were just trying to be “smart” with me. Apologies.

286 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • United States
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
raptour Staff says

Hi Chris, I apologize for the delay. Would you let me know your support ticket number so that I can look in to it? Thanks!

286 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • United States
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
raptour Staff says

The only thing i can do now is try and sell the themes i have to gain some of my money back!!

Item licenses are non-transferable, so actually you can’t legally sell your purchased marketplace items. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by