• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Power Elite Author
+4 more
Parallelus says

ThemeForest author and best-dressed-man-at-PressNomics contest winner, Parallelus:

So I’m the ‘best-dressed-man-at-PressNomics’ maybe we can have that added to my avatar as my new tagline. :)

1 post
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
haidaomemehu says

Congratz Pink! and I also have heard lotta AJ tracks in the TV commercials, programs and etc. Awesome!
22 posts General Manager Marketplaces
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
HelenSouness says

Ah that sounds awesome! Should of just shot the video while you were giving the speech :) I was worried that ‘strangers’ were getting the info and ‘the family’ wasn’t ;)

Looking forward to it!

EDIT: What’s the author update email…. not sure I’ve ever had one of those?

Hey Jonathan

And as promised, here is a blog post including the slides: http://notes.envato.com/trend-spotting/pressnomics-special-latest-wordpress-trends-revealed/

I hope it is useful to everyone, family comes first ;-)

241 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
glutenfree4u says

Win Another Envato T-Shirt!

Time to give away another T-shirt I think! All you have to do this time is, take a close look at the photo below…

If you look carefully there is someone photo-bombing the shot… a little head is sticking out behind my shoulder. All your have to do is tell me which Marketplace that author sells on. If you don’t know, guess! If anyone (who wasn’t at the event) can tell me the author’s name, I will also give away a bonus prize of an Envato pen with built in highlighter! No expense spared in this contest, huh? :) Cheap and cheerful, that’s how I roll! One entry per person and post your answer as follows:

Mystery Marketplace: ______
(optional) Mystery Author:
____

Good luck, you’ve got until midnight CST on Friday to enter! If anyone gets both answers correct, you immediately win! No-one at the event can enter so stop right there you cheaters! ;) If you only get the Marketplace correct and no-one guess the actual username of the mystery author, we’ll put your name into a random drawing to see who wins. :)

EDIT: Never mind, contest ended.

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Ah that sounds awesome! Should of just shot the video while you were giving the speech :) I was worried that ‘strangers’ were getting the info and ‘the family’ wasn’t ;)

Looking forward to it!

EDIT: What’s the author update email…. not sure I’ve ever had one of those?

Hey Jonathan

And as promised, here is a blog post including the slides: http://notes.envato.com/trend-spotting/pressnomics-special-latest-wordpress-trends-revealed/

I hope it is useful to everyone, family comes first ;-)

Hey Helen – thanks so much (that was quick!) would still of loved to of seen your session taped and put up on a youtube channel or something – maybe Envato, now they are more active at sponsoring events and talks etc they could make sure they are filmed and all placed in a central location (like a youtube or vimeo channel etc) I think this would be an awesome resource, something to kick back and watch, great for Envato to show they are involved with communities and the little extra added SEO from a channel of videos.

Again thanks so much Helen – some interesting facts and figures :)

748 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Canada
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
myjilson says

@scottwills, I’m sure you will have another T-shirt from the PressNomics event ;) Yeah look at you.. you are laughing now. So bring it on.. Somebody was too late to see the forum updates :( So why don’t you give a 3rd chance to those who missed it. And.. next time, please make a meetup in MONTREAL, CANADA! That will be awesome :)Don’t forget about the T-shirt though :D

220 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
TheVibeColours says

I wish i have been there with you guys , but i can’t because i’m going to college :P:) ... anyway put some photos on flickr :D

2519 posts Marketplace Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
+13 more
scottwills Staff says

Our time in Arizona is almost up, but fear not, we have one more exciting adventure later today that I will be reporting back on! Here are a few more photos from PressNomics which wrapped-up Friday including a shot of Helen on Thursday talking about “Insider Buying and Selling Trends from ThemeForest. You can find the slides to that presentation on Envato Notes by the way if you haven’t already seen it.

WordPress lovers take their seats!

Helen talking about Marketplace member dtbaker within her presentation:

Envato Social Night! (pictures courtesy of @PressNomics)

2519 posts Marketplace Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
+13 more
scottwills Staff says

I had a great chat with ThemeForest author Parallelus on Thursday evening and he gave lots of feedback and good ideas on what authors would like to get out of the Marketplaces. I think he’s representing what a lot of you have been asking for and I’m looking forward to talking more about those ideas internally at Envato. As Parallelus can attest to, I was developing a nasty cold by Thursday evening and sadly, I spent all of Friday by myself resting and trying to recover. I’m back on my feet today however but need you guys to lift my spirits.

3 More Envato T-Shirts Up for Grabs!

I have three more Envato T-shirts up for grabs for everyone following our adventures via this thread! To help get me back on my feet after feeling ill yesterday, I need some good jokes to cheer me up! The three best jokes that make me laugh the most will win a T-shirt. One joke/entry per person and you have until 5 p.m. CST on Monday October 21 to post your jokes. Please keep them clean. Good luck!

1933 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
matsteiner says

Hey Scott

Here’s my joke: Once there was an AJ author from Switzerland that wanted an Envato T-Shirt so bad that he was even posting one of his favorite jokes :D :

A traveler takes his first trip to Africa.

When he gets off the plane, the first thing he hears is drums. He took a taxi to the hotel. But the whole ride he heard just drumming from the taxi’s radio. So he asked the taxi driver: “Why is there just drumming everywhere?”. The taxi driver looked at him with wide open eyes, waved with his hands and said.” Uuuh, very bad when drumming stops!”.

He thinks, OK, this is Africa, there should be drums. He goes to a restaurant for dinner, but everywhere drums. He asked the waiter:”Why is there drums playing everywhere?”. The waiter looked at him with wide open eyes and said.” Uuuh, very bad when drumming stops!”.

After he paid, he went back to his hotel room, but he can’t get any sleep – the drums keep him up all night. Everywhere he goes, drums. He can’t think. It’s driving him crazy. Finally, in desperation, he goes to the hotel reception and asks the guy behind the desk:”Why is there drums everywhere, all the time?”.
The guy at the desk looked at him with wide open eyes and said.” Uuuh, very bad when drumming stops!”.

“But why, what’s the problem, I can’t even sleep at night! Why can’t they stop the drumming? What would happen that is so terrible?”

The guy at the desk with a terrified expression on his face took him closer and whispered in his ear: “Becoss aftha drum stops, bass solo will play!!”

:D

I hope you are not a bass player and this helps to get back on your legs again. Get well soon!

by
by
by
by
by
by