911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Carmen says

vine_instagram_holiday_engagement

It’s nearly the end of the year and we want to celebrate by throwing a Happy Holiday competition. This is your chance to share your creative spirit with the rest of the community and celebrate the end of 2013 through video or photographs.

How can you enter?

• Take a photo or create a short video (via Instagram or Vine) of you and whoever you wish.
  • Use the photo or the video to wish your fellow Community Members a “Happy Holidays”.
  • To be in the running you must share the photo or the video in the thread. Because of forum restrictions you’ll need to post the video as a link.
  • Remember, only one entry per person/team.

Don’t forget to add #happyholidaysenvato and tag us in your video with @envato (on Vine) and @insideenvato (on Instagram).

You have until 12pm the 1st of January (CST) to create and post your video. The winners will be announced in the 1st week of 2014.

What’s up for grabs?

The top 4 entries will be selected by the Community Team based on creativity and individuality. 1st Prize is $50 Marketplace credit an Envato t-shirt and stickers. The 3 Runners up will each win $30 Marketplace credit, an Envato t-shirt and stickers.

That’s 4 prizes going to the most creative and individual entries created by our community. It’s high stakes considering the talent out there, so get cracking! If you have never used Vine or Instagram before, read below for some tips.

• Instagram:
  • To create a video, you will need to use the Instagram App, click on the little icon of a camera and select the video option (the little video camera). You can then follow the prompts to complete your video, including editing! Remember to post the link into this thread. :)
  • Vine:
  • To create a Vine, you will need to use the Vine App, click the video icon on the top right to start filming and follow the prompts. Remember that sound is recorded too, so make the most of it! :) When your video is completed follow the prompts in order to publish it and share it in this thread. You can watch this video for more information.

Here’s my Happy Holidays Vine, just to show you! (I added a GIF below for added entertainment).

happy holidays gif

Don’t forget to hashtag! – #happyholidaysenvato and tag us in the video @envato on Vine and @insideenvato on Instagram! Good luck!

204 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
AbelLangbid says

nice! can’t wait to see everyone’s entry! :D

2660 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+19 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Well… this isn’t exactly an entry, but as I had created it for inspiration purposes for this competition, here we go :P

My Vine:
happy holidays gif

Don’t forget to tweet a link @envato if you do use Vine for this, and good luck! :)

162 posts Lord of the SEO Realm
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Member of the Envato Team
+5 more
SaijoGeorge Envato team says

Well… this isn’t exactly an entry, but as I had created it for inspiration purposes for this competition, here we go :P

My Vine:
happy holidays gif

Don’t forget to tweet a link @envato if you do use Vine for this, and good luck! :)

That is so cool

99 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
LEFS says

that is a lovely idea.

hey, by the way, you look soo different on your thumbnail.

cheers!!

1 post
timjon500 says

ya i agree, you look soo different on your thumbnail.

1045 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

Too bad people are not joining this thread with their videos :( I am a fan of videos and I would love to see creative videos :) I will try to post mine, this thread is funny :)

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Carmen says

Thanks Greenline! I’d love to see some of your videos too! I’ve made an edit to open it up to photos too. It might help people get more involved. :)

3182 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Won a competition
+15 more
dtbaker Moderator says

ooooooooooo. I’ll get my thinking hat on.

203 posts I'm a Husky Designer
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
designcrumbs says

Welcome to Illinois.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgi3IaTK4H4

I don’t do Vine or Instagram, sorry ;)

by
by