13 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
seedprod says

1st plugin submitted, port to jigoshop commence :)

731 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
mordauk says

Got mine for wp-ecommerce 90% done while sitting on the train home from Chicago :) Now just to style and then port to woo and jigo.

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
pluginpro says

Hi,

I have 7 plugins for WooCommerce ready to go – all professionally written clean class-based code.

How do you determine pricing for such plugins?

My concern is that when I look at the current eCom plugins here on Code Canyon I find that the most expensive is only $20 and others are just $10. So an author making 50% gets $5 to $10 on that particular pricing. I’d have to sell a boatload to break even on my time investment.

I know I can sell my plugins on my own for anywhere from $35 to $50 each and probably sell at least a few hundred copies of each one without any trouble at all.

Thus my question.

3 posts
pluginpro says

Ecwid which has just hit it big with over $1.5 million dollars investors and over 150,000 users – growing strong.

Ecwid is a hosted service. How does this pertain to ecom plugins?

219 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
NuclearThemes says

Hi,

I have 7 plugins for WooCommerce ready to go – all professionally written clean class-based code.

My concern is that when I look at the current eCom plugins here on Code Canyon I find that the most expensive is only $20 and others are just $10. So an author making 50% gets $5 to $10 on that particular pricing. I’d have to sell a boatload to break even on my time investment.

I know I can sell my plugins on my own for anywhere from $35 to $50 each and probably sell at least a few hundred copies of each one without any trouble at all.

Thus my question.

When doing your calculations, being in the mindset that you’re making half of what you would selling on your own is the completely wrong way to go about it. CodeCanyon is a marketplace which gives your plugin unparalleled exposure. Your advertising costs would be unbelievable if you tried to match it going on your own.

3 posts
pluginpro says

Hi,

Thus my question.
When doing your calculations, being in the mindset that you’re making half of what you would selling on your own is the completely wrong way to go about it. CodeCanyon is a marketplace which gives your plugin unparalleled exposure. Your advertising costs would be unbelievable if you tried to match it going on your own.

Did you happen to review the total sales counts for eCom plugins at Code Canyon? Only one plugin has anything close to significant sales. Thus my original question.

3095 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

I dare say once the category fills up they will dump some money on advertising this particular category. I’ve seen this happen with other new categories. Once there are some good plugins the traffic and sales will grow exponentially.

You are more than welcome to sell your plugins on CodeCanyon and your own website if you are still uncomfortable. You can then quite easilly gauge which website gets the most sales. You can sell on both sites by opting-out of Exclusive Author from your settings page.

So what are you waiting for – get uploading! :)

Thanks,
dtbaker

731 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
mordauk says

Yep, Envato doesn’t poor out money on categories that are not expected to do well / improve greatly.

I’ve just submitted mine :)

7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in United Kingdom
Abbid says

Can we have an update as to how many extensions have already been accepted?

331 posts No! It's not a 5 minute job!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+14 more
WebFactory says

Can we have an update as to how many extensions have already been accepted?
I think you can count it yourself ;) http://codecanyon.net/category/plugins/wordpress/e-commerce
by
by
by
by
by
by