• Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Switzerland
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
TanguyAlbrici says

Thank you for the clarification scott! Now I can submit my item feeling confident about the bounty that is waiting for me ;)

2577 posts
  • Community Ambassador
  • Community Manager
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says

Thank you for the clarification scott! Now I can submit my item feeling confident about the bounty that is waiting for me ;)

You’re welcome, good luck! :)

30 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Interspace says

You’re welcome, good luck! :)

Thanks for the clarification. :)

1276 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+12 more
ChristineWilde Reviewer says

Right I’ve got 3 or 4 different ideas and none of them work when I try achieving them in Illustrator! Drop shadow and Round Corners doesn’t work on actions. So I’ve given up for now. There are also no actions on the web for Illustrator to even get an idea from. This is a tough one!

812 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
iamthwee says

Right I’ve got 3 or 4 different ideas and none of them work when I try achieving them in Illustrator! Drop shadow and Round Corners doesn’t work on actions. So I’ve given up for now. There are also no actions on the web for Illustrator to even get an idea from. This is a tough one!

Yeah got the same problem, (see earlier reply in this thread)...

You can add a drop shadow by going to [add menu] but it doesn’t record the ACTUAL values you give it. Unfortunately staff has yet to clarify this and the web seems pretty lacking of examples.

I reckoned that the only feasible way to achieve this would be to hook into the illustrator scripting language. But again would love for staff to CLARIFY this????

2577 posts
  • Community Ambassador
  • Community Manager
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says

I reckoned that the only feasible way to achieve this would be to hook into the illustrator scripting language. But again would love for staff to CLARIFY this????

You can do whatever is necessary for the Action to work. Meaning, if you need to create and include styles that the Action calls when it runs, that’s permissible. Just make sure the final file that you are uploading and selling is an Illustator Action and not a Style and that it will work when someone else purchases, downloads and uses it. Beyond that, all we can recommend is, watch the tutorial we linked to in the announcement and explore the items we already have and will continue to add to the Illustrator > Actions category. Sorry we cannot help beyond that.

812 posts
  • Exclusive Author
iamthwee says

Thanks Scott, I understand you probably don’t know the in’s and outs of Illustrator and really you’re just ‘the messenger’ so I wasn’t expecting much more detail.

It’s just those tutorials are extremely basic and DO NOT instruct you how to make an action that is useful. Anyone who wants to disprove me feel free.

And yeah there isn’t much info on the net either, I managed to find one action file out there, and failed to load it. Failing purchasing an action file from GR I ’m not sure how I would ‘figure this one out.’

I don’t know, maybe I’m missing something extremely obvious.

50 posts twomediaxthemes
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
2mediax says

Ok i’m in…. i just send my first action file….

812 posts
  • Exclusive Author
iamthwee says

Ok I think the key idea here is to combine graphic styles with the actions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj5E-pCW7bQ

Ok, now it’s a little more clearer… Let’s see what I can do.

812 posts
  • Exclusive Author
iamthwee says

Ok that wasn’t too hard after all. A few ideas, swirl effect, white plastic, scribble and letterpress effect.

[removed url]

Also I reckon two other desirable effects would be an automatic gear creator action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdEX8Zat37w

and a water droplet effect… So that’s five effects in total :)

by
by
by
by
by
by