(Locked) Envato's Most Wanted - $10,000 Reward for the First 50 Joomla Templates & Plugins

2710 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

Any news on how many slots are left on CodeCanyon?

Hi Tyler! As per the terms and conditions:

“NO correspondence or inquiries regarding status of prizes shall be made to staff or support. We will post all winning usernames/authors in the forums and/or Envato Notes and we will contact all winners directly.”

You are welcome to try and get a rough idea yourself by looking at the category. However, just because there are X number of items in the category, it does not mean that they are all eligible (e.g. if the author has not signed the authorization form for example).

My recommendation is simply, “You’ve got to be in it to win it!” :)

Thanks for understanding. :)

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
TylerQuinn says

Will do, just uploaded Facebook Traffic Pop for Joomla :)

43 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+2 more
ivios says

Hi scottwills, Its hear sound good ;) I have submited agreement form and have new item was approved on codecanyon. But how to know my own item is won or not?!

thanks ivios

3102 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

I have submited agreement form and have new item was approved on codecanyon. But how to know my own item is won or not?!

Welcome to CodeCanyon – please read the post at the top of this page:

“NO correspondence or inquiries regarding status of prizes shall be made to staff or support. We will post all winning usernames/authors in the forums and/or Envato Notes and we will contact all winners directly.”
69 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
smartdatasoft says

Our two product is approved. For ” Envato’s Most Wantedwe” are become Joomla expert :) Hope we can will the price :)

1654 posts Building the Web.
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
ZoomIt says

Our two product is approved. For ” Envato’s Most Wantedwe” are become Joomla expert :) Hope we can will the price :)

10-14 days for one to become expert ( in any domain ) seems like very little time . So I think you meant you just learned how to create a Joomla Extension.

Seems like the plugin list is filled already. Waiting for the 30 themes list to fill too.

Just one question – the best plugin / theme reward will be given to one of the first 20 / 30 or to one uploaded until the 31st of June ( contest completion )

Thanks!

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in United States
greghyer says

Thank you for offering this bounty for Joomla Developers. As a customer of this network, I’d like to see more Joomla Templates that support JomSocial and push the envelope on UX design and speed. Also, I’d like to see more Joomla Templates that supports a module for playing a video playlist in a slider on the front page. Thanks!

82 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
GJThemes says

Thank you for offering this bounty for Joomla Developers. As a customer of this network, I’d like to see more Joomla Templates that support JomSocial…. Also, I’d like to see more Joomla Templates that supports a module for playing a video playlist in a slider on the front page. Thanks!
JomSocial would be a nice addition to Joomla templates here and haven’t seen the push for this yet but perhaps this contest will. JomSocial is a very large extension and requires a lot of time to customize it in addition to the Joomla template that would also need time to create as well. But, what I am planning to do is make a template with JomSocial at some point here.

I see that themeforest (Envato) is putting their eyes on the Joomla platform which in my opinion is a good move to push the need for building up the marketplace with templates. I’ve been working and using the Joomla cms for over 5 years now and have designed templates, but the one I am doing now will be my first for themeforest, providing they approve it :) But many more to come if they do!

As for the module you mentioned, you should be able to find an extension at the Joomla extensions directory on the .org website.

82 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
GJThemes says

Just a little curious if tf is pushing their themes on with joomla, does that mean wordpress is slowly dying?

Naw, WP is stronger than ever, we just want to spread the love! Speaking for myself, I am a big fan of Joomla and since it’s code upgrade and all that has come with the latest few releases, believe it is truly one of the best CMS options out there.

Currently Joomla has a wealth of subscription based shops out there to choose from but not nearly as many options to simply buy one off templates as needed. Hopefully a Joomla stocked ThemeForest can help out in this area :)

I also agree WP won’t be dying out but I’m glad to see the push for Joomla here because the WP theme listings are getting saturated I think. But, the idea of going after the Joomla market is a very smart thing to do….I’ve been working with Joomla more than 5 years now and there is definitely potential here at Theme Forest for it. Providing my 1st template at TF will get approved and then I can go nuts making more :) It’s actually a very enjoyable experience making Joomla templates and I’ve already started building a foundation for when Joomla 3.0 comes out in September!

2710 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

Just one question – the best plugin / theme reward will be given to one of the first 20 / 30 or to one uploaded until the 31st of June ( contest completion )

Hello ZoomIt! :) Best Template / Plugin will be restricted to the Top 30 winners on TF and the Top 20 winners on CC. It adds a little excitement to the event, don’t you think? :)

by
by
by
by
by
by