(Locked) Envato's Most Wanted - $10,000 Reward for the First 50 Joomla Templates & Plugins

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
nicktod says

Though I have not read the full terms and conditions.. you might want to make it imperative that the coders keep the templates and extensions up to date with the current table version of Joomla. Better yet, make sure each template/extension detail page have a <stront>clear indicator of with which version it is compatible.

Unfortunately.. I have been a victim of buying a template for an out-of-date version. The author is missing in action.

21 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
WS-Theme says

Unfortunately.. I have been a victim of buying a template for an out-of-date version. The author is missing in action.

Damn, that’s really bad and you’re right! But maybe this helps you. If it’s a Template you can easily convert it to Joomla 2.5! You can see here an Tutorial about how to do this.

2 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
nicktod says

Damn, that’s really bad and you’re right! But maybe this helps you. If it’s a Template you can easily convert it to Joomla 2.5! You can see here an Tutorial about how to do this.

Looks pretty straight forward. All the more reason to make it MANDATORY to keep their templates up to date.. It’s just my opinion.. I could be wrong

244 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
dmsumon says

I have submitted my Second Joomla! template and filled out the form also . Yahooooo! I want that Bounty Badge. :D

1679 posts Building the Web.
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
ZoomIt says

Hello ZoomIt! :) Best Template / Plugin will be restricted to the Top 30 winners on TF and the Top 20 winners on CC. It adds a little excitement to the event, don’t you think? :)

Sure does, great idea :D 

May plugin and template the best win

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
joomlagraphic says

So glad to see envato trying to jumpstart their joomla section! I never knew this site to sell anything other than wordpress products.

I’d like to point out to potential authors what’s really lacking in joomla is an easy to use CCK with an MVC approach. There’s a great need for creating video channels, multimedia portfolios and blogs without all the Bull$hit that goes along with existing joomla frameworks/CCK’s like Zoo, zentools, t3, K2, etc… The added obfuscation is just killing the joomla community because all too often they interfere with 3rd party extensions and require a PHP programmer’s knowledge to fix.

There’s always Redshop, but it’s so full of bugs and limited just to ecommerce that’s it’s not even worth expanding. However, their approach to self editing CCK templates was the most up to date I’ve seen so far. To my knowledge that approach hasn’t even been adopted for drupal or wordpress. Hint Hint..

I’d also like to see more templates that don’t rely on garbage frameworks like Gantry, T3, Warp, etc…Nothing like wrestling with the Joomla API and broken 3rd party extensions only to have to turn around and troubleshoot another layer of obfuscation all over again because the template design houses think they need to copy the WordPress world. Sorry for sounding so b1tchy, but you should have a better idea what will sell here. If all you do is copy what other 3rd party joomla developers have already created you won’t sell much of anything.

Good luck. I hope to be one of the first to purchase some of your new creations.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Alex_de_Borba says

Bootstrap responsive templates with full magazine features is a must and lacks a lot on most templates providers as they tend to follow more commercial oriented templates (for Apps, Hosting services, Blogs/ etc…) than follow the Magazine concept.

It’s one of the reasons most Magazine oriented websites use WordPress, due to the lack of full featured templates for such sites. Responsive is a must as well as Bootstrap, mostly because new Joomla rebuild (J! 3.0) will be fully Bootstrap with less use of JavaScript, etc, also been responsive.

The responsive need on the other hand, is a highly demanded feature because the net has involved and by been responsive, it catapults the platform into a higher level.

Personally, I would team up with someone to create such Joomla templates, team up or at least, give serious insights regarding the needs mostly because I own Europe’s #1 Heavy Metal oriented news portal fully Joomla 2.5 based and there’s features, ways that would make it work way better, for me and many other Joomla lovers.

If you do a quick search on Google, you’ll come across with many posts asking the same as I, as for providers to actually provide such templates, you’ll find the list quite… limited.

76 posts
o_creative says

Just out of curiosity… Where do we stay today? Have we already reached the first 30 template uploads?

2754 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+17 more
scottwills Envato team says

Just out of curiosity… Where do we stay today? Have we already reached the first 30 template uploads?

Hello OC! If my calculations are correct, there are still plenty of prizes left for the ThemeForest Joomla templates! About half have been claimed so far. You’ve also got plenty of time to submit them as there’s still 4 weeks of the contest remaining. Good luck! :)

76 posts
o_creative says

Great news! :) Thanks for the lightning fast reply!

by
by
by
by
by
by