6085 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

i thought the calendar section was over populated – is what one of your reviewers said when i first submitted http://codecanyon.net/item/ajde-event-calendar-wp-plugin/1211017. And here you are asking for more calendars??

Someone pointed similar reply in the past in codecanyon forums (another subcategory / style). May be reviewers considering to make Codecanyon’s library to stay different from rest of the resources on internet, not sure.

123 posts AJDE
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
ashanjay says

Not sure why anyone would say that, Ashanjay, there were only 8 items in the WordPress > Calendar category before we began this Most Wanted Event. :) The fact of the matter is that we’re obviously requesting more items right now and now is the perfect time to make a little extra money by submitting to the category. Hope you’re available to enter, good luck if so! :-)

Not sure if I can enter the competition with the plugin I have already in the market place. But however I am planning to add several new features to this plugin in the next month or so.

72 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
+4 more
yougapi says

This is obviously for new submitted items, and not for items already on the marketplace ;)

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Danielhaim3 says

sick!!

5 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
nr913 says

How long does it take to review the submitted form for contest?

35 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
loreleiweb says

@ashanjay, I get to see it all the time. there are also tons of people asking for responsive sliders here on the forums, but when someone actually submits one it gets rejected using the same standard reply, like here, saw it today http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/responsive-scripts-and-plugins/66744?page=1#593862

...and there are only like 10 responsive sliders on the entire CC, so where is the logic? If there is a trend for something (like facebook lock page), Envato jumps on it and offers incentives or just goes ahead and approves everything. otherwise don’t bother, it will not make it through the reviewers’ circle.

with almost 300 (!!!) currently FREE wordpress calendars on wordpress.org directory, how will envato benefit from an addition of another 20 paid ones in here?

@VF, imho, there are tons of really gorgeous scripts floating here on CC at totally ridiculous prices, but there is also a handful of crap. doesn’t make it much different from any other marketplace of internet resource.

2756 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+17 more
scottwills Envato team says

with almost 300 (!!!) currently FREE wordpress calendars on wordpress.org directory, how will envato benefit from an addition of another 20 paid ones in here?

Envato’s Most Wanted is an opportunity to help grow the number of items in our library for customers giving them more choice and more quality to choose from. There are always going to be free versions of any kind of digital file on the Web (photos, music, templates, plugins etc…) but it does not necessarily mean that they are the best or that there is no room for paid versions. If you look at our WordPress calendar plugins on CodeCanyon you will see that (a) at least 2 files have grossed over $4,000 and (b) one of the submissions for EMW has actually already grossed almost $1,000 in just a few weeks – and that’s before we’ve even promoted the item/categories.

So if you want to look at things negatively you can, but most authors who look at Envato’s Most Wanted are looking at it as a positive opportunity to make money and further their success on the Envato Marketplaces.

“To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions.”
—Benjamin Franklin

“Difficulties mastered are opportunities won.”
—Winston Churchill

35 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
loreleiweb says

oh, actually I am not being even remotely negative! I personally teamed up with someone long ago to code my themes, so I can “further my success” on Envato. We had over a dozen of themes, all got rejected. And then all got approved on both other known marketplaces and do sell surprisingly well. We made over 2k sales in 6 months on sites with 100 less exposure than TF, so I am a living proof that TF’s reviewers don’t REALLY know 100% what clients are looking for.

Envato is an awesome opportunity and income generator, but I am sure MANY would agree – it wasn’t designed for everyone. There are a lot of talented people in here (especially on CC) which get their deserved share of recognition, but there is also same plugins or themes milled over again and again, pretty much repeating themselves blatantly, while on the other hand other talented people get rejected (and no, I don’t mean myself now).

Anyway, good luck to all the calendar-makers! I sincerely hope you will get your share of the creamy envato-cake :)

PS – if we are talking about the same wp calendar (either by gljivec or DPereyra), which grossed ~ $4000, it took about 1,5 years…

731 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
mordauk says

Time to put my submission together :)

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
G0dLik3 says

Is there any chance of extending the deadline? :D

I’m almost done with my calendar, but I don’t think I can get it ready today :crying:

by
by
by
by
by
by