Hi Shane, i am going to create a wordpress theme for ecwid, but wanted to confirm that do we need to integrate the following api too ?
Product API Order APIor we can do it without so that only the shop works in the theme and rest all is managed at ecwid only.
Hi kamleshyadav, You’re not required to use the Product API or Order API, but doing so won’t hurt . We will accept themes in which Ecwid is controlled through the Ecwid.com dashboard. Just make sure that the Ecwid portion of your site follows the same design as the rest of the template. If you need information on customizing the look of Ecwid, you can find it here: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853257/CSS%20Faq
I wanted to create theme for ecwid but their widget outputs everything in table(default) based markup, so it would be harder to customize the look and feel. Anyone knows ecwid table-less markup output solution ?
Yes, there are limitations to this platform, but I’m sure you will be able to innovate despite them. Some rules can be bent, but not broken . What we’re looking for in this EMW are themes that utilize a custom skinned Ecwid installation that fits the design of the theme.
If you haven’t already, check out Ecwids KB on changing the look of Ecwid: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853257/CSS%20Faq
I want to purchase themes on your sites. But i met a problem. There is no my country name in the country box, when i try with my visa card. My country name is Côte d’Ivoire ( Ivory coast). Will you please solve this problem for me. I like very well your templates.
I understand that the proposal is to modify the css nothing more to fit a template or themes for CMS, to document myself supported by Ecwid I realize that you can change beyond the css, bone, customize widgets, but only if they have a paid account or if you use the library to develop applications only under CC bY-NC-SA license. It is possible to deliver this part of the code under that license or not allowed by ThemeForest?
Awesome to see a “bounty” out on this – can’t wait to see what people come up with. Thanks for doing this, Themeforest!
- Envato Staff
- Community Ambassador
- Has been a member for 0-1 years
- Bought between 1 and 9 items
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Referred between 1 and 9 users
- Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Microlancer Beta Tester
I want to purchase themes on your sites. But i met a problem. There is no my country name in the country box, when i try with my visa card. My country name is Côte d’Ivoire ( Ivory coast). Will you please solve this problem for me. I like very well your templates. Thanks
Hi Yapi, unfortunately, PayPal is not yet available in the Ivory Coast. However, for the time being, you can still use your Visa card via the Skrill/Moneybookers option for marketplace deposits, as shown below:
If you need any additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask. Good luck!
Having just had a look at the ecwid css (all 4,259 lines of it !) and starting to make some mods to it has reminded me I must make a (large) donation on the ‘Firebug’ site.
Lovin’ those tables – partying like it’s 2005 –
Hi all, My name is Eugene, I am from the Ecwid team. Great to see this contest! So if you need any help from us, just let me know.
A few things to mention:
1. Ecwid is an e-commerce widget. Ecwid-based store can be embedded to any site, blog, Facebook page. You just insert a few lines of JS code and your store is ready. Just as embeding Youtube videos. The only difference is that Ecwid doesn’t use iframes, so the store is actually an integral part of your website.
So Ecwid store is always a part of some website, therefore an Ecwid theme should change the website layout (e.g. WordPress or Joomla) as well as Ecwid itself (as described in our Knowledge Base http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853257/CSS%20Faq )
2. Almost every element of Ecwid store has its own CSS class, so it is possible to customize it. Yep, it uses tables and we know that it isn’t the best way. The reasons are described here: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/49335558/Why%20does%20Ecwid%20use%20tables%20for%20HTML
Anyway, CSS is a very powerful tool and we have a lot of examples of great custom themes. You can check our unofficial blog for inspiration: http://ecwid-stores.tumblr.com/
4. We have a number of APIs that can help as well: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/25232810/API The most interesting for you are these two:
Product API – allows getting information about products. Supports JSONP. So it is possible to build completely custom product layouts. For example, check this solution: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6038
This API can be used to create custom “Featured products” or “Bestsellers” sections, slideshows, custom menus, etc.
This API is available for paid Ecwid users, so if you want to check it or build something using it – drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will provide you with a test access.
5. 3d-party promising library around Ecwid APIs: http://www.octolab.org/ecwid/library Could be interesting for you.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for the additional info Eugene. It’s your good olde pal from the Ecwid Forums Derek – Hope to see some good contestants enter this contest!