(Locked) Envato’s Most Wanted – $4,000 Reward for the First 20 Ecwid Themes & Site Templates

483 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
ShaneFreer Envato team says

A quick update:

42 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
ZennTheme says

A quick update:
Thank you ! But where should files be submitted ? eCommerce > Miscellaneous or Site Templates ?
29 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
WillHerring Envato team says

I got this: “Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:

please provide details item description. After editing, click save, resubmit.

This Ecwid template should look like its a natural part of the site/template

This Ecwid template must have custom images.

Please resubmit to Site Template category.”

What are custom images in ECWID template?

Only custom ecwid images that I noticed are vegetables when editing ecwid widget. Should I left it in my preview? :D

Hey rayoflightt :)

Here is an example of a custom Ecwid image:

http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853278/How%20to%20change%20your%20minicart%20icon
483 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
ShaneFreer Envato team says

Update

We have updated the ‘Where Files Should be Submitted’ section of this Envato Most Wanted. Please check the announcement at the beginning of this tread to familiarise yourself with the changes. Apologies for the confusion!

Where Files Should be Submitted:

21 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
WS-Theme says

Why there must be the CSS File included?? That’s not necessary to include the CSS directly in ECWID Admin Panel, it can also be overrided with regular CSS! So it’s more comfortable cause I allready integrated a separate Admin Panel in Joomla to control appearing of some Elements in the ECWID Store which regular can’t be done … So, reconsider your Submission requirement :)

3 posts
  • Located in United States
mxwealth says

The HTML mobile version of ecwid is garbage. You will not sell anything there. I know because we use it.

It needs to be responsive otherwise in a cell you need to scroll side ways and nobody scroll sideways, only up and down.

good luck with the mobile responsive version as ecwid is not responsive.

Ecwid provides a separate mobile version of your catalogue by default – and makes purchasing on your mobile very easy.

The tricky ground is the iPad portrait view, nearly cracked it though!

Also, correct me if i’m wrong, the rules don’t state anywhere that the theme HAS to be responsive?
3 posts
  • Located in United States
mxwealth says

authorize.net woocommerce plugin cost $49, UPS woocommerce plugin $49, etc, ecwid include everything in the fee. Ecwid is totally worth, we like it a lot, my customers are happy. The only problem we had was the mobile html version, the pictures are so small and you can’t zoom them neither and is not responsive or adaptative.

For example if you add to cart an item (on mobile version), the shopping cart is on the right of the item and you do not see it unless you scroll sideway. Not 1 sale on mobile ever.

I checked Ecwid and if your selling seriously online they want a monthly fee, why would you pay a monthly fee when WooCommerce is free!!!
5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Ecwid says

The HTML mobile version of ecwid is garbage. You will not sell anything there. I know because we use it. It needs to be responsive otherwise in a cell you need to scroll side ways and nobody scroll sideways, only up and down.

Please refer to this post: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19259 In a nutshell:

1. Ecwid is going to have an adaptive design, which will look good on any device from a smartphone to a desktop computer or even a smart TV.

2. The same integration code will suite all cases. If you have an adaptive theme of a website – great, Ecwid will work smoothly with it. If not, and the website isn’t adapted for mobile, Ecwid will offer some tools to help make the mobile experience great. It will also be possible to just insert Ecwid to a mobile website – it will look good there too.

3. The separate mobile catalog (existing one) will also still be available for old feature-phones – 50% is a lot of mobile customers.

77 posts
  • Located in New Zealand
ChunkStudio says

The HTML mobile version of ecwid is garbage. You will not sell anything there. I know because we use it.

I’m sure comments like that make the guys working on Ecwid really happy :chuckle:

I have clients selling quite a bit of stuff through Ecwid and the ‘mobile’ catalogue works really well for them – The main Ecwid shopfront may not be responsive (yet) but you can drop the cart widget into a div next to your own responsive images etc and it works a treat. have a ‘buy on mobile’ button (linking to the products mobile URL) which is only viewable on small screens and off you go – easy to purchase on a mobile.

makes me :-) when people say their shopping cart system is not selling for them – 90% of people buy online for the PRICE – maybe check to see if a competitor has the same item available 5 bucks cheaper.

5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Ecwid says

I’m sure comments like that make the guys working on Ecwid really happy :chuckle:

Comments like that make the Ecwid guys work harder and deliver more awesomeness : -)

by
by
by
by
by
by