• Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Europe
BittLoader says

The themes that have been already accepted are just soft-disabled so you can improve preview images. I think they have sent an e-mail to all of you explaining what’s happening and how to reupload your themes.

12 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • India
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
jsmli says

The themes that have been already accepted are just soft-disabled so you can improve preview images. I think they have sent an e-mail to all of you explaining what’s happening and how to reupload your themes.

According to new terms “Article templates must be unique from each other. You may include additional/minor variations of a template, but these will not be factored into theme pricing.”

In other words, things like very minor css or color modifications do not count toward a template’s uniqueness. The uniqueness of each template will be reviewed by Envato staff.

29 posts Aim High
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Australia
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+2 more
Studio164a says

According to new terms “Article templates must be unique from each other. You may include additional/minor variations of a template, but these will not be factored into theme pricing.”

In other words, things like very minor css or color modifications do not count toward a template’s uniqueness. The uniqueness of each template will be reviewed by Envato staff.

Where did you read this? Just reading over the competition guidelines and I’m not seeing this.

By the way, I realized after reading through the full terms and conditions (http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/311/0/envatos-most-wanted-terms--conditions) that Envato bases eligibility on when you submit an item, not when it is approved. i.e. It can be approved after the competition ends, so long as it was submitted before it ended.

Cheers, Eric

12 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • India
  • Exclusive Author
jsmli says

Where did you read this? Just reading over the competition guidelines and I’m not seeing this.

By the way, I realized after reading through the full terms and conditions (http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/311/0/envatos-most-wanted-terms--conditions) that Envato bases eligibility on when you submit an item, not when it is approved. i.e. It can be approved after the competition ends, so long as it was submitted before it ended.

Cheers, Eric

I got the email from envato staff.

69 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Site Manager
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • United States
EricSchwartz Staff says

Hey everyone, in reviewing the submitted items we made some needed minor revisions to the submission requirements, namely basic preview image formatting, and as part of that we conducted a re-review of all approved themes. Authors with previously approved themes were personally notified ahead of time. While we assessed the situation pending items have been held in the queue longer than usual, so thanks so much for your patience!

@Studio164a Yep, eligibility is based on submission date, so items hanging out in the queue are still okay. If you have any issues with your theme(s) relating to the revised submission requirements please feel free to contact me via my profile page.

This is the last weekend to submit your TypeEngine themes for the contest, so good luck to all and happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the U.S.!

23 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
neutrico says

“Article templates must be unique from each other. You may include additional/minor variations of a template, but these will not be factored into theme pricing.”

Honestly I don’t get it.

Does it mean that is should be actually 6…. different themes in one?

I thought that it should be something like:

- template with single column - template with 3 columns - template with image on left - template with image on right - template with some fancy js element and so on…

And these templates should be based on similar css with consistent typography, colors, etc. as in single Theme.

Am I wrong? Should we provide 6+ totally different templates in a single theme?

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
scaryphantasm says

It states that the preview image must be one seamless image. Does this mean i have join all my individual photos from preview app into one single photo?

P.S I have already submitted my theme. Will this requirement affect my submission? @EricSchwartz

69 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Site Manager
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • United States
EricSchwartz Staff says

It states that the preview image must be one seamless image. Does this mean i have join all my individual photos from preview app into one single photo? P.S I have already submitted my theme. Will this requirement affect my submission? @EricSchwartz

Each article template screenshot must be a single seamless image. So if you have 6 article templates, you’ll need to have (at least) 7 screenshots: 1 showing the app menu styling, and 1 for each included template. Depending on how you capture the screenshot for each template, you may need to stitch images together.

If you have an issue resubmitting by the deadline due to the updated preview image requirement, contact me via my profile page.

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
scaryphantasm says

It states that the preview image must be one seamless image. Does this mean i have join all my individual photos from preview app into one single photo? P.S I have already submitted my theme. Will this requirement affect my submission? @EricSchwartz

Each article template screenshot must be a single seamless image. So if you have 6 article templates, you’ll need to have (at least) 7 screenshots: 1 showing the app menu styling, and 1 for each included template. Depending on how you capture the screenshot for each template, you may need to stitch images together.

If you have an issue resubmitting by the deadline due to the updated preview image requirement, contact me via my profile page.

I have sent you a mail regarding my submission.

6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
SodaTheme says

Is anyone else having trouble when viewing updated article templates through the preview app?

I have updated the css but it seems to be caching the old version. I’ve tried logging out and back in again, clicking on different articles and “Refresh Publication” – none of which is sorting the issue. Loosing a bit of time on it and don’t have much left!

by
by
by
by
by
by