103 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
  • Located in Australia
+1 more
EricSchwartz Envato team says

We reached our deadline and this event is now over! Winners will be announced soon!

Envato's Most Wanted

We’ve put a $5,000 bounty on the head of Envato’s latest most wanted file type – Ghost Themes on ThemeForest. How do you collect? Be one of the first 20 authors to have a Ghost Theme uploaded and approved!

If you haven’t already heard about it, Ghost is a blogging platform dedicated to one thing: Publishing. It’s beautifully designed, completely customizable and completely Open Source. Ghost allows you to write and publish your own blog, giving you the tools to make it easy and even fun to do. It’s simple, elegant, and designed so that you can spend less time messing with making your blog work – and more time blogging. Find out more about Ghost on Tuts+ and at www.ghost.org.

What’s The Reward?

We’re handing out $250 for each of the first 10 Ghost Themes to get uploaded and approved on ThemeForest! We’ll hand out another $100 for each of the following 10 themes uploaded and approved after that.

• So that’s 10 x $250 for each of the first 10 approved items (submissions 1-10).
  • And another 10 x $100 for each of the next 10 approved items (submissions 11-20).
  • Making it a total of $3,500 for the first 20 Ghost Themes!
  • Additionally, the first 10 approved items will be part of a featured collection that will appear on the ThemeForest homepage for 60 days.
  • The first 10 approved items will also be a part of a featured collection that will mentioned in the December and January Envato Newsletter.

On top of all that, we’re giving out some whopping “Best Theme” bonus prizes (voted on by Envato Staff):

• $1000 Bonus Prize for the best original Ghost Theme!
  • $500 Bonus Prize for the best Ghost Theme converted from an existing theme or site template!
  • Each of the two bonus prize winning items will also be featured on the ThemeForest homepage for one week.

But wait, there’s more! We also partnered with the creators of Ghost to bring you some even sweeter rewards. The two “Best Theme” winners will also receive:

• 1 year FREE on the Ghost hosted service.
  • A featured listing on the Ghost marketplace page.
  • A 1 on 1 conversation with the core Ghost team to answer all of your questions, and give you the inside scoop on Ghost’s future plans and how you can be a part of them!

It’s a Race and Contest!

This Envato’s Most Wanted is a race and a contest. And like any contest, you don’t want to be disqualified because you didn’t follow the rules. So as well as carefully following the procedure below, make sure you read the rules in full!

Here are the key details:

• Submit your items on or after Monday, October 14th and before the competition closes on Monday, November 11th at 12pm Central US time.
  • The winning files will get a share of the $5,000 prize!
  • For the first 20 cash prizes, each author is allowed to win a maximum of one (1) prize.
  • All items submitted during the contest time period are eligible for the “Best Item” bonus prizes, not just the first 20 winners.
  • Envato Staff will vote on the Bonus Prize entries/winners.
  • Prizes are payable only via PayPal or Moneybookers/Skrill.
  • All winners will also receive the much-desired Most Wanted Bounty Winner badge.
  • Bonus Prize winners will also receive a “Won a Contest” badge.
  • Winners will be announced 1-2 weeks after the event closes to ensure any late entries are processed. Prizes will be sent out 2-3 weeks AFTER the winners have been announced.
  • Make sure you have completed our Most Wanted Entry Agreement form.
  • Please DO NOT submit inquiries about prizes in the forums, via support, or directly to staff, we promise we won’t forget your prize!

How to Submit Your Items

What To Do After Your Items Are Approved

Once your items have been approved, do the following as soon as you can:
  • Complete the Most Wanted Entry Agreement. By doing this, you agree to keep any winning entries online for a minimum of two years.
  • Post your approved entries in this thread.

It’s as simple as that! The first 20 files to be uploaded (and subsequently approved) based on the above requirements win. All files submitted before the contest ends have a shot at one of the two bonus prizes. Good luck!

Please Read Full Terms & Conditions Here

28 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Kevitus says

Great stuff! But I can’t find any resources for Ghost Template Development. Can someone help me out?

Cheers!

366 posts WordPress Guy
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Japh Envato team says

Hey Kevitus, check out the second dot-point above, under “How to Submit Your Items”, there’s a link to a Ghost theming tutorial on Webdesigntuts+ :)

28 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Kevitus says

Ouch! Sorry, must’ve missed it somehow. Thank you :)

675 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
dexterous says

This post needs to be sticky. I completely missed it.

362 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
QBKL says

Been looking forward to Ghost for a while now. Launching to public and holding this contest without a “development codex” though… not sure about the proper timing of it all. Sure, the tutorials are a good way to get help, but that’s an ongoing thing that has just started. I’d love to give this one a try.

Either way, welcome to the real world Ghost!

Later edit: Unfortunately, I apparently missed the DOCs links. For those interested, this link might help: http://docs.ghost.org/themes/

675 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+6 more
dexterous says

By the way, Is it allowed if I convert my other theme as a ghost theme ?

362 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
QBKL says

By the way, Is it allowed if I convert my other theme as a ghost theme ?

Contest info says: ”$500 Bonus Prize for the best Ghost Theme converted from an existing theme or site template!”

103 posts
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
  • Located in Australia
+1 more
EricSchwartz Envato team says

Hey everyone! I know there’s a lot of bullet points in the announcement, but please take a minute to carefully read through them all. The answers you seek lie within :). Thanks to those who helped point them out as well. Keep the excitement coming!

46 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
BlumoonAudio says

I cannot contain my excitement for this. I backed at the Founder’s level and have been hacking away at my first open-source theme for Ghost. Now I’ve got this to look forward to when it’s done. You can count on me being in that first 10 batch! Congratulations to the Ghost team!! :D

by
by
by
by
by
by