1 post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
michel-de says

I am shocked to see this here. RW is an easy web-design program with its own community, forums and theme developers. Once a RW theme purchased you can use it on unlimited websites. Theme ranging from 15 – 40 $. With all needed extra stacks you can easily spend several hundreds of dollars. Then you have a nice and easy web-design possibility, also allowing some html and css customization. To see it here between all these CMS capable and much more professional themes is really a shock!! This could ruin the not-so-commercial and mostly semi-professional RWcommunity.

21 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
in4fun says

I remember trying out rapid weaver some years ago – it’s nice for beginners to play around with when you know nothing about HTML & CSS

it’s definitely an upgrade if you only used iWeb before and for windows people growing out of ‘front page’ – so it’s basically a program for people who are looking for a do-it-yourself point-and-click solution for their private home page. the plugins you can buy are similar to wp-widgets and as far as I know the plugin developers are the only ones making money, since rapidweaver is too limited to use it commercially

nevertheless it’s very nice to play around with and it’s easy to create nice looking pages quickly, e.g. for a school project.

87 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United Kingdom
webinest says

This is great! I am going to start working on a RapidWeaver theme this week! Thanks for doing this! I used to use RapidWeaver back in the day before I jumped on to the Joomla and Wordpress bandwagon. Would be good to get a blast from the past too!

Is there any limits on the number of pages I need to make in my template?

Thanks

4 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
bbyrdhouse says

Is there any limits on the number of pages I need to make in my template?

Thanks

You don’t make pages … you create a single .html file that gets used for all page styles. You create styling options via the plist that get shown in the Inspector.

87 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
webinest says

Hi ThemeForest

Have you had much submissions for this yet?

437 posts
  • Australia
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
ShaneFreer Staff says

Hi ThemeForest Have you had much submissions for this yet?

Still 20 spaces available.

87 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
webinest says

Great. Correct me if I’m wrong, I would be allowed to submit 2 themes from the same account right? Also, if there are not more than 20 submissions, does the prize money increase? For example, if only 10 submit by the deadline, will the 5K bounty be split between 10 people? (i.e. $500 each instead of $250?)

Thanks

322 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
+5 more
JoshuaSprague Staff says

Great. Correct me if I’m wrong, I would be allowed to submit 2 themes from the same account right? Also, if there are not more than 20 submissions, does the prize money increase? For example, if only 10 submit by the deadline, will the 5K bounty be split between 10 people? (i.e. $500 each instead of $250?)

Thanks

Hi webinest, yes you can submit 2 items. Also, the remaining prize money will go unclaimed i’m afraid. Good luck!

20 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
jobspex says

Thank you for the clarification!

Look forward to it. I’m 50% done with my first Rapidweaver theme!

87 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
webinest says

Thanks Joshua!

Is there a minimum amount of pages within the Rapidweaver project file that we should make? Or is homepage enough?

by
by
by
by
by
by