We reached our deadline and this event is now over!!
We’ve put a massive $7,500 bounty on the head of Envato’s most wanted file type – Events Calendar PRO Compatible Themes on ThemeForest. How do you collect? Be one of the first 10 to have an Events Calendar PRO compatible theme uploaded and approved.
What’s The Reward?We’ll hand out $250 for EACH of the first 10 Events Calendar PRO compatible themes to get up uploaded and approved.
The creators of Events Calendar PRO, Modern Tribe, have very generously donated $5,000 of BONUS prizes and a competition element with EXTRA chances to win! Here’s everything they’re giving away:
- $1,000 Grand Prize Winner (voted by Modern Tribe)
- 10 x $400 prizes for the best files in the following categories (also voted by Modern Tribe):
- Best New theme/integration ($400)
- Best Upgraded theme/integration ($400)
- Best Non-Profit theme/integration ($400)
- Best Music theme/integration ($400)
- Best Business theme/integration ($400)
- Best Education theme/integration ($400)
- Most Flexible theme/integration ($400)
- Best Custom Events theme/integration ($400)
- Best Mobile theme/integration ($400)
- Best Tablet theme/integration ($400)
Please note: Bonus prizes are only awarded to items that are worthy contenders of the prize category. Our decision on whether items meet the bonus prize criteria are final as per the contest terms and conditions.
All entries including and beyond the first 10 Most Wanted winners will be eligible for the $5,000 of bonus prizes. In other words, any Events Calendar PRO submissions between October 7th and December 9th will all be eligible for the $5,000 bonus prizes.
This means authors have the chance to win five total prizes, and pocket $2300! This can be done by having two items within the first 10 submitted/approved (2 x $250 = $500), winning two of the best items in separate categories (2 x $400 = $800), and winning the grand prize ($1000), coming to a total of $2300!
It’s a Race and Contest!This Envato’s Most Wanted is a race and a contest. And like any contest, you don’t want to be disqualified because you didn’t follow the rules. So as well as carefully following the procedure below, make sure you read the rules in full!
Here are the key details:
- Submit your items on or after Monday, October 7th and before the competition closes on Monday, December 9th at 12pm Central US time.
- The winning files will get a share of $7,500 of prizes! That’s 10 x $250, 10 x $400 bonus prizes and 1 x $1000 grand prize.
- All submissions during the event are eligible for the bonus prizes, not just the first 10 winners.
- For the first 10 prizes, each author is allowed to win two prizes.
- Modern Tribe will vote on the entries/winners.
- Themes must support and work with both free and PRO in order to be considered.
- Testing you theme with other add-ons will earn you bonus points with the Modern Tribe judges.
- Prizes are payable only via PayPal or Moneybookers/Skrill.
- All winners will also receive the much-desired Most Wanted Bounty Winner badge.
- Grand Prize winner will also receive a “Won a Contest” badge.
How to Submit Your Items
- Once you’re ready to enter, you will need a copy of Events Calendar PRO. Modern Tribe are giving ThemeForest authors a free copy of Events Calendar PRO! Simply complete the Events Calendar PRO Plugin request form and Modern Tribe will make the plugin available to you free of charge! In the meantime, you can get started with the base framework available here.
- Upload your items according to the normal upload instructions.
- Make sure you’re familiar with the ThemeForest submission requirements
- Multiple submissions from the same author must be different to one another.
- Submit your items here: ThemeForest > WordPress
- Be sure to select the Event Calendar PRO “Compatible With” attribute during the upload process.
To give you more of an idea what we’re looking for. We have broken it down into two types of intergration:
- Basic Integration – The Events Calendar feels like a cohesive and consistent part of your theme. The typography is consistent, margins and padding feel right, sidebars show up where they should, and the color pallet matches. Everyone hates when a website feels like a Frankenstein bolted-together mess – we’re looking for seamless thoughtful integrations.
- Advanced Integration – Here the Events Calendar gets some real loving. Maybe you’re extending or modifying views, or even adding your own view. Maybe you’ve got a unique responsive approach, or a mobile specific view. Consider baking events into the homepage, or other spots where you wouldn’t normally see them. With these types of integrations, we’ll also be looking for best coding practices as well. Think about cooking your new features or views into and add-on plugin to keep your theme code nice and tidy.
What to Do After Your Items Are ApprovedOnce your items have been approved, do the following as soon as you can:
- Complete the Most Wanted Entry Agreement. By doing this, you agree to keep any winning entries online for a minimum of two years.
- Post your approved entries in this thread.
It’s as simple as that! The first 10 files to be uploaded (and subsequently approved) based on the above requirements win. Good luck!
WOW! Rewards are very cool! Good luck to all, who start!
It just happens I am already on the finishing stages of a non profit theme with the events calendar free. Now I need to start work on the Pro version this contest looks nice!
I have one small question. Can you win in 2 categories like: best new theme and best non profit with only one product?
is it possible use the calendar vai short-code !! if i want to use it onepage theme ?
This is very interesting
Thanks for your interest! For anyone who embarking on the adventure, we’ve also got a contest page set up over on the Modern Tribe side which includes resources/docs/videos that may be helpful. Check it out: http://tri.be/envato-themers-contest-welcome-themers/ and let me know if anyone has questions. We’re excited to see the submissions!