(Locked) Envato’s Most Wanted – $7,500 Reward for the First 10 Zen Cart Templates

3446 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

Ecwid site’s looks crap. I wouldn’t even bother looking into the features if they can’t provide a decent looking website for themselves..

99 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
ssievert says

Ecwid site’s looks crap. I wouldn’t even bother looking into the features if they can’t provide a decent looking website for themselves..

I agree, but have you seen the zencart site? :evil:

2613 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • United States
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Support Staff
+16 more
scottwills Staff says

Hey guys, think positively! :) Irrespective of how Zen Cart’s or Ecwid’s site looks, just remember that no-one is forcing you to enter any of our Most Wanted events. :) If you don’t enter, that actually increases the chances of winning for someone else who wishes to enter! Or maybe some of you are playing mind games and while you’re putting down Zen Cart, you’re actually busy making your own template for the contest? Genius if so, very cunning! :D

Our Most Wanted events are an opportunity for you to get paid to create an item that can potentially make residual income for the rest of your life. If you’re a freelancer looking for some extra work/money or you like a challenge or you want to try something outside of your comfort zone and diversify your portfolio or you realize there are some extra promotional perks to having your file part of Most Wanted campaigns (tip: we typically feature Most Wanted categories once they’re over…) then these events are a great opportunity for you to participate in.

If you’re not interested in a particular Most Wanted event there are plenty of other events to choose from. Just remember that you’ve got to be in it to win it and by taking part you really don’t have much to lose. Even if you don’t win a prize, you’ll end up with another item in your portfolio that can extend your appeal to a wider audience base.

One final tip: You are allowed to convert one of your own existing ThemeForest items to a Zen Cart template and submit it as a brand new submission. That removes half of the development time right there.

Good luck to those who enter and stay positive! :)

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

I’m just saying “basecamp” :D

120 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
CodBits says

Best wishes for all, I have stared to work on this. I hope I can win the highest prize amount.

322 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
+5 more
JoshuaSprague Staff says

Best wishes for all, I have stared to work on this. I hope I can win the highest prize amount.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :D

32 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
CRTVMax says

Thats ! I begun to preparing… :)

1 post
  • Exclusive Author
teamwiztech says

ahem, I emailed but will also post this here. For those of us who are Zen Cart developers/designer, we would like to enter the contest. However, there is no way to upload file to the zen cart section because it hasn’t been created yet. HINT < HINT !

120 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
CodBits says

ahem, I emailed but will also post this here. For those of us who are Zen Cart developers/designer, we would like to enter the contest. However, there is no way to upload file to the zen cart section because it hasn’t been created yet. HINT < HINT !

Yes, you are right. You can upload it as eCommerce itself with no sub category. Probably with the first approval, the category will be created.

441 posts
  • Australia
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
ShaneFreer Staff says

Try again now, it should be fixed.

by
by
by
by
by
by