- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Envato Staff
- Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
We’ve put a $10,000 bounty on the heads of Envato’s most wanted file type – WordPress Directory & Listing Themes on ThemeForest. How do you collect? We’re running a Best Item Contest (voted by Envato staff). Authors of all WordPress Directory & Listing Themes submitted between May 26th – August 8th will have a chance to win the following cash prizes:
- $2,000: Most Innovative / Original Directory Theme
- $2,000: Best Business Directory Theme
- $2,000: Best Classified Theme
- $2,000: Best Job Board Theme
- $2,000: Best Social Directory Theme (eg. dating, reviews)
- Listing & Members Management.
- Payment Options & Memberships.
- Search & Filtering.
- Location / Maps (if applicable).
- User Reviews.
Any extra features that fit within a Directory & Listing theme will help with winning the Category prizes! For example: BuddyPress & Forums, Multilingual, SEO, Social Networks, etc.Here are some examples of the type of files we’re looking for:
- Sweet Date – More than a Wordpress Dating Theme
- FlatAds – Classified AdsWordPress Theme
- Atlas Directory & Listings Premium WordPress Theme
- Jobify – WordPress Job Board Theme
- View All Directory & Listing Themes
It’s a Contest!
This Envato’s Most Wanted is a contest. And like any contest, you don’t want to be disqualified because you didn’t follow the rules. So as well as carefully following the procedure below, make sure you read the in full!
Here are the key details:
- Submit your items on or after Monday, May 26th and before the competition closes on Friday, August 8th at 23.59pm AEST time.
- The winning files will get a share of $10,000 of prizes!
- Themes must include the minimum features to be considered (see above)
- Envato staff to vote on entries/winners.
- An author is allowed to convert an existing item from their portfolio
- An author can win multiple category prizes (for different items)
- If only 1 entry is submitted to a ‘Best Item’ category this does not automatically mean it will qualify to win the prize.
- Final eligibility of the themes will be determined by Envato staff.
- Multiple submissions from the same author must be different to one another.
- Prizes are payable only via PayPal or Moneybookers/Skrill.
- All winners will receive the much-desired “Won a Contest” badge.
We’ll announce the winners a week or two after the event closes, and send out the prizes two or three weeks after that. So, let’s get started. To be in the running, follow our procedure to the letter!
How to Submit Your Items
- Upload your items according to the normal upload instructions.
- Make sure your familiar with the ThemeForest Submission Requirements
- Submit your items here: WordPress: ThemeForest > WordPress > Directory & Listings
What to Do After Your Items Are ApprovedOnce your items have been approved, do the following as soon as you can:
- Complete the Most Wanted Entry Agreement. By doing this, you agree to keep any winning entries online for a minimum of two years.
- Post your approved entries in this thread.
It’s as simple as that. Good Luck!l
Great, I am in
ShaneFreer, can you please check your mail? I just mailed a question. and please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks,
What a wonderful offer, me and my team is very excited to read this, we will surely try to participate in this competition.Thanks Themeforest
This really is a challenge. And loving it. Lets see if we got enough recipes around to make a new item.
This is great information! I was looking for such themes for a while I hope You guys will create awesome, modern & esthetic items. Good luck and hard work
Great.. We are IN