17 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
AloisFN says

Perhaps differentiate by looking at innovative approach to:
  • How users search/find stuff – are they searching for item/product/business etc
  • Search results display + filtering (may include conversion/engagement elements)
  • Item/product/business display
  • Item/product/business page + conversion/engagement
The list above also extends to managing listings. Gotta say uouapps comes the closest in my book so far. Excuse the rant & the uouapps plug … :chuckle:

Actually Google’s multiple app landing pages can provide excellent inspiration

546 posts uouapps
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
uouapps says

Hi, Just got approved our ‘Ultimate Directory WordPress Theme’. Please include it. http://themeforest.net/item/ultimate-directory-responsive-wordpress-theme/8043893 Thank you.

As mentioned to you in the comment section, please change your item description asap this is not professional to copy others item description…

thank you for your understanding

uou

17 posts
AloisFN says

Hey @UOU Apps no plans for an open source plugin for the booking system with this theme, we will be adding most of the functionality in the theme with some stuff being taken care of by WooCommerce.

You’ll be able to create a simple city directory or a reservation directory like “Yelp” using third party apps that will be integrated into the theme.

@charlie4282 ETA = Stress, so we don’t provide them.

ny chance we can get a sneak peep at the homepage and the category page layout? The combination of sharedesk and Airbnb should make a powerful theme.

Suggestions: 1. Ensure the homepage has a powerful search that can be sticky when page is scroll 2. Focus on SEO; poor SEO means little or no directory listing being index in Google 3. Site should be light’ fast, and easy to load on any device; proper coding should fix that 4. Remember city directory has listings with no images; understanding this would ensure that listings with no images still looks great 5. Frontend submission should be simple for business owners that are not computer savvy

That’s all

Can’t wait to see it…

Great point on SEO … listings with schema.org markup would be GOLD in my opinionGOLD

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
factoriame says

Some of the lacks of actual wordpress directory listings,

- The are not worldwide. I can’t make a worldwide directory with many areas (regions or states, etc, not only cities). As flexible as I can create a directory by country, or by villages, or by areas in any country.

- City or country selection when entering main page, so I doesn’t load all the listings in the map when loading the website. (if you have thousands of listings this is a problem)

- Be able to manage and load properly thousands of businesses at the same time in the map. The real listings has many businesses or listings in his database, not only few as many demos shows.

- In fact, versatility it’s the best way to go.

thanks

18 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
ziziplanet says

- The are not worldwide. I can’t make a worldwide directory with many areas (regions or states, etc, not only cities). As flexible as I can create a directory by country, or by villages, or by areas in any country.

- City or country selection when entering main page, so I doesn’t load all the listings in the map when loading the website. (if you have thousands of listings this is a problem)

- Be able to manage and load properly thousands of businesses at the same time in the map. The real listings has many businesses or listings in his database, not only few as many demos shows.

thanks

“Be able to manage and load properly thousands”

No body using openstreetmap with leaflet.js, but its more n more than google maps…

170 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
ait says

thanks

You can do all of these with our existing Directory and Business Finder themes. Did you find any issue we don’t know about? Cheers.

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
factoriame says

thanks
You can do all of these with our existing Directory and Business Finder themes. Did you find any issue we don’t know about? Cheers.

I gonna have a look.

thanks!

546 posts uouapps
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
uouapps says

thanks

The loading issues aren’t necessarily linked to the themes, it’s a mixture between wordpress limitations and the quality of the servers you’re using, when you use a wordpress theme when it comes to huge number of listings then you need to create scripts that can optimize the loading process, on the other hand there’s also a google maps api limitation after a certain number of requests

some of our buyers said that for direcories using less than 75.000 listings the site works smoothly anything above will depend on the quality of your servers and scripts that you would add to the existing code

at the end you save thousands of $ by purchasing a theme on TF, so it makes sense to reinvest some hundreds in contracting a third party developer to satisfy your needs on a tailor made basis

cheers

UOU Apps

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Poland
Joomla-Monster says

Although it’s for wordpress only, we’ve submitted our classifieds templates. Why? We keep getting messages from customers to join :)

7 posts
alfonsovelva says

Although it’s for wordpress only, we’ve submitted our classifieds templates. Why? We keep getting messages from customers to join :)

Please provide links when you can :)

by
by
by
by
by
by