• Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Wickedshot says

Nice :) I´m in!

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
jdev68 says

A very cool travel portal theme for wordpress would be really appreciated and would buy immediately. Including; - Hotel listings [with customizable amenity fields, google maps, ratings] - Events - Attractions – [google maps, ratings, contact info] - Restaurants – [google maps, ratings, contact info] - sliding search filter by value/location/rating

Some good ideas: http://themeforest.net/item/traveline-booking-psd-template/6501837?WT.ac=search_item&WT.z_author=tranmautritam http://themeforest.net/item/trips-booking-template/3331302?WT.ac=search_item&WT.z_author=WabDesigner
1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
zookii says

Hope to see some great themes!

5 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
Aristeidis says

Excellent, would love to see some out-of-the-box directory themes myself, will definitely buy one right away. Most current ones are cluttered and unappealing. Please consider minimalism with design, and having a screen split between the map and the list (next to each other, kind of like sharedesk does it).

A question, when would all these new templates be available for download?

Thanks.

17 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
AloisFN says

Been hunting for a good classified/directory theme for a while now so forgive the length of this post. Just wanted to share a some thoughts on what I believe a good number of buyers would be looking for in a classified/directory theme.

Demo + configuration: ?Pretty sure I’m not the only one to fall in luv with a theme demo, buy it and then be greeted by a blank page on installation. Then spend hours/days/weeks trying to get it just like the demo. Then also find that it will cost just as much if not more than the theme itself to get the configuration in the demo which takes the author all of minutes to load. So please do include configuration as part of package otherwise I am among those that will mark you down for this or mark up for plug and play functionality.

Payments: Consider that not all countries/clients have access to Paypal. Solutions should also support off-line payment (generating invoice and/or reference number) and/or support a wider array of payments i.e. Payfast,2Checkout,Stripe, etc at no additional exorbitant add on charge. Investigate dominant 1/2 payment gateways across Asia, Europe, Latin America and Africa.

Submission and listings management for the client: should all be on the front end with no WP admin bar on top once client logs in (screams amateur hour to me if I see it). Perhaps your front end could also allow clients to sort and filter their submissions in addition to normal CRUD functionality and pagination. Belive premiumpress and spotfinder do quite a good job with listing admins for clients.

Google Maps integration with geolocation listings are obligatory in my book.? This should function well for listings searches and submission.

Listings review: The ability of reviewers to ?review on more than one aspect of a listing e.g speed, quality of service, knowledge or support etc would be a plus.

Admin back end: A visual page builder for home, search results, listing detail pages and client profile pages is a deal winner. The ability to control listings packages for either individual or membership packages down to the number of listings and category charges combined with listing expiry is a clear deal winner.

UX/UI I think enginethemes is one of the best in overall UI appearance terms I have come across. Responsiveness goes without saying but please do test this on different platforms please please. Not just on screenfly or similar tools but the actual devices themselves. So many times I’ve found themes not living up to the expectations of the beautiful mockups. Spacing of text,images etc for a clean look is good but in moderation lets remember the whole point of listings/directories is to convey as much necessary listing information as quickly as possible and not just showcase huge pictures. I don’t see why half a page needs to be taken up by a large main menu or listings need a full page for a picture (may make sense in real estate but for a car portal you would not necessarily expect clients to always have high res full page type pics nor want a full screen view). If viewed on a mobile and it can behave like a native App that’s a clear deal winner. Positioning+highlighting of CTAs needs to be well considered i.e. what is the visitor to a listing profile or listing supposed to do once he or she lands on the page. I have strangely come across pages were the CTA are just in normal text? or below the fold or I have to guess what next to do. In responsive designs also consider where the telephone or other contact information is shifted to. I personally don’t want to scroll past tonnes of space or a huge image just to get to the number/email address i.e. my action after reading listing info. Consider using collapsible accordion style instead of tabs for additional info on listings pages. Tends to work better come time to respond to different screen sizes. Modals popups are not bad idea on desktop or tablet screens ?provided the screen scrolls up automatically to it. If it doesn’t then it becomes annoying to scroll up to hunt it down. For this reason it can be even more annoying on smaller phone screens. Basic and advanced listings filter: different categories with different specs

Monetization: This be the whole point of directory/classified themes so I believe this should be the solid base around which the design and other functional elements are built. Key deal clinchers include The ability to place banner or adwords ads throughout the site and how this can be controlled (on search results pages, category and sub-category levels for example). Maybe even how clients can order banners in addition to ?the feature listings. Ability to control listings through individual ad submission or membership packages with add ons for feature listing or how long listings will last.

Apologies for the long post just had to get this out there. :chuckle:

5 posts
Aristeidis says

Very nice AloisFN.

I will also add the ability to create custom variables that could be assigned to each listing, and be presented in different ways and prioritization.

Thanks.

17 posts
AloisFN says

Excellent, would love to see some out-of-the-box directory themes myself, will definitely buy one right away. Most current ones are cluttered and unappealing. Please consider minimalism with design, and having a screen split between the map and the list (next to each other, kind of like sharedesk does it).

A question, when would all these new templates be available for download?

Thanks.

Just seen the sharedesk site .. agree brilliant concept

17 posts
AloisFN says

UI/UX or Monetization addon: one more little touch to separate the amateurs from the big boys/girls …. if there are no listings found when a user searches a directory why not give the user the option to request a particular listing instead of just showing “Not Found”. Then have these requests as a separate add-on in the back-end for subscribers to pay for? I would pay for this as separate Add-On as a theme buyer if necessary.

and lastly I promise for today …. Monetization feature I often dont see as well …trust badges/profile verification badges for listing profiles for advertisers? Sharedesk does this brilliantly …. tx Aristeidis ;)

8 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
efeflash says

Wish it was Drupal instead of Wordpress…

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Australia
AdamFeilding says

Looking forward to seeing some of the new themes ;-)

by
by
by
by
by
by