222 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+2 more
h2theme says

Hi,It is for wordpress just ? Can we submit Joomla theme?

5 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
skilcraft says

Hey @UOU Apps no plans for an open source plugin for the booking system with this theme, we will be adding most of the functionality in the theme with some stuff being taken care of by WooCommerce.

You’ll be able to create a simple city directory or a reservation directory like “Yelp” using third party apps that will be integrated into the theme.

@charlie4282 ETA = Stress, so we don’t provide them.

ny chance we can get a sneak peep at the homepage and the category page layout? The combination of sharedesk and Airbnb should make a powerful theme.

Suggestions: 1. Ensure the homepage has a powerful search that can be sticky when page is scroll 2. Focus on SEO; poor SEO means little or no directory listing being index in Google 3. Site should be light’ fast, and easy to load on any device; proper coding should fix that 4. Remember city directory has listings with no images; understanding this would ensure that listings with no images still looks great 5. Frontend submission should be simple for business owners that are not computer savvy

That’s all

Can’t wait to see it…

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
Fvanonna says

Please come up with a theme that takes ONLINE ONLY locations into account! All themes can handle shops perfectly fine, but what about online only stores? These continue to be a problem… :)

550 posts uouapps
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
uouapps says
486 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
ShaneFreer Envato team says

Hi,It is for wordpress just ? Can we submit Joomla theme?

Yes just WordPress for this one.

21 posts Your WordPress Team
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+2 more
CrunchPress says

Hi,

Just got approved our ‘Ultimate Directory WordPress Theme’. Please include it. http://themeforest.net/item/ultimate-directory-responsive-wordpress-theme/8043893

Thank you.

17 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
AloisFN says

Great theme CrunchPress. Congrats on biting the bullet and releasing first. Good Luck.

17 posts
AloisFN says

Just to re-emphasize to all theme designers: Do test usability relentlessly. Remember what the ultimate users of the directory (not necessarily just the theme buyer) would use the directory To Do i.e. what conversion/engagement we need from the directory visitor.

All well and good having a nice looking large map and large pictures. But if
  • that’s not what’s most important to a directory visitor or
  • a large image/mapping location does not figure into the conversion process or
  • that’s not why the ultimate user of the directory/classified site is visiting the directory ….
well I will let you draw your own conclusions on how fast that visitor will bounce away. If a theme provides effortless tools (here’s where you differentiate) needed to convert/engage my directory visitors then its a no-brainer. I and I suspect many will buy it – yesterday.

Disclaimer: I am by no means an expect on usability but this just my 2 cents. I do realize you have to draw the line and ship at some point.

17 posts
AloisFN says
Perhaps differentiate by looking at innovative approach to:
  • How users search/find stuff – are they searching for item/product/business etc
  • Search results display + filtering (may include conversion/engagement elements)
  • Item/product/business display
  • Item/product/business page + conversion/engagement
The list above also extends to managing listings. Gotta say uouapps comes the closest in my book so far.

Excuse the rant & the uouapps plug … :chuckle:

7 posts
alfonsovelva says

Also, there are several directory themes and not that many high quality listing (ads) themes. If you guys could develop something that could work for both things it would be nice, but even getting more listing classiffieds themes to the surface would be greater IMO. Most of classified listing themes are outdated, look old and plain. FlatAds looks more modern but needs several improvements.

by
by
by
by
by
by