This event is now over. Winners announced!
We’ve put $10,000 bounty on the heads of Envato’s most wanted file type – Micro-Niche Themes on ThemeForest.
What is a Micro Niche Theme?
A “Micro Niche Theme” is a theme designed for real life scenarios, not abstract hypothetical situations.
With several million visitors each month, ThemeForest is bursting with opportunity as Many people are looking for more than a generic multi-purpose theme and need creative minds like yours to answer that need.
By finding the right Micro Niche, you can quickly move up on the sales chart, and get in front of the largest audience of active theme buyers on the planet.
Throughout the first half of this event we will be posting new Micro Niche ideas daily to help you along with inspiration.
We’re running a Best Item Contest where authors of all WordPress and CMS Micro-Niche Themes submitted between August 26th and October 28th will have a chance to win the following cash prizes:
- $3,000: Grand Prize Winner
- $2,500: Runner Up Prize
- $2,000: 3rd Prize
- $1,250: 4th Prize
- $750: 5th Prize
- We are also offering $500 to the author who submits the most themes.
Themes must include the following to be eligable:
- The theme should have a single, clear niche and purpose.
- The theme does one niche and it does that thing really well.
- The theme should have a demo that captures the look & feel of the specific niche.
- The theme should have all the needed page templates and functionality to meet that niche’s specific needs. This will be key criteria in judging the ‘Best Item’ winners. Any extra features that relate to a specific niche theme will help with your chances of winning.
Here are some examples of the type of files we’re looking for:
It’s a Contest!
This Envato’s Most Wanted is a contest. And like any contest, you don’t want to be disqualified because you didn’t follow the rules. So as well as carefully following the procedure below, make sure you read the in full!
Here are the key details:
- Submit your items on or after Tuesday, August 26th and before the competition closes on Tuesday, October 28th at 23.59 AEST time.
- The winning files will get a share of $10,000.
- Envato staff to vote on prize winners.
- An author can enter as many items as they wish.
- An author can win multiple prizes but only for different items.
- All winners will receive the much-desired “Won a Contest” badge.
- Final eligabilty on entries for prizes are determined by Envato staff.
- Multiple submissions from the same author must be different to one another.
- If the “Most Items Submitted” prize is a tie, the cash winnings will be split.
- A theme should have a single, clear niche and purpose.
- A theme should have a demo that captures the look & feel of the specific niche.
- A theme should have all the needed page templates and functionality to meet that niche’s specific needs. This will be key criteria in judging the ‘Best Item’ winners.
- Prizes are payable only via PayPal or Moneybookers/Skrill.
We’ll announce the winners a week or two after the event closes, and send out the prizes two or three weeks after that. So, let’s get started. To be in the running, follow our procedure to the letter!
How to Submit Your Items
- Upload your items according to the normal upload instructions.
- Make sure your familiar with the ThemeForest Submission Requirements
- Submit your items to the relevent category on ThemesForest
What to Do After Your Items Are Approved
Once your items have been approved, do the following as soon as you can:
- Complete the Most Wanted Entry Agreement. By doing this, you agree to keep any winning entries online for a minimum of two years.
- Post your approved entries in this thread.
It’s as simple as that! Good luck!
Need some ideas, I want to enter.
What if I create theme for environment category. Will that be considered as niche theme?
Basically that can be what ever theme, but not like Multi-purpose
I think I would consider entering this contest
Such a great contest!
This is our Seat reservation WordPress theme http://themeforest.net/item/seatera-seat-reservation-wordpress-theme/8407389 We are in!
We’ll surely join this contest