This event is now over. Winners Announced!
We’ve put $10,000 bounty on the heads of Envato’s most wanted file type – MODX Themes on ThemeForest. How do you collect? Be one of the first 10 to have a MODX Theme uploaded and approved. What’s the reward? We’ll hand out $325 per MODX theme + $250 worth of MODX Cloud Credits
We’re also running a Best Overall Item Contest where authors of all MODX Themes submitted between March 19th and May 14th will have a chance to win the following bonus cash prizes:
- 1st Place: $1,250 + MODX Blog Interview + Ad Rotation on MODX.com for 3 months + MODX Newsletter Exclusive Promotion
- 2nd Place: $1,000 + Ad Rotation on MODX.com for 3 months
- 3rd Place: $750 + Ad Rotation on MODX.com for 2 months
- 4th Place: $500
- 5th Place: $250
Most Items Submitted Prize: The author who submits the most number of items during the event dates will win an extra $500 thanks to MODX!
About SEO copy … MODX is a powerful and flexible content management system that molds itself to your design.Here are some examples of the type of files we’re looking for:
- WanChai – Responsive Onepage Portfolio
- Crostini – Responsive One-Page MODX Theme
- Other – Creative Photography MODX Theme
- Superawesome – Responsive Multi-Purpose MODx Theme
- Base – Responsive MODX Theme
It’s a Race and Contest!
This Envato’s Most Wanted is a race and a contest. And like any contest, you don’t want to be disqualified because you didn’t follow the rules. So as well as carefully following the procedure below, make sure you read the in full!
Here are the key details:
- Submit your items on or after Wednesday, March 19th and before the competition closes on Wednesday, May 14th at Midnight AEDT time.
- The winning files will get a share of $10,000 of prizes
- MODX staff to vote on entries/winners.
- An author can only win one (1) First 10 prize.
- An author can only win multiple Best Overall prizes (for different items).
- An author is allowed to convert an existing portfolio item to a MODX theme (eg site template, CMS theme, PSD, etc).
- A theme can win in a Best Overall Item prize & Most Items Submitted prize
- All winners will also receive the much-desired Most Wanted Bounty Winner badge.
- Contest winners will also receive a “Won a Contest” badge.
- Final eligabilty on entries for prizes are determined by MODX staff.
- All submissions during the event are eligible for the bonus prizes, not just the first 10 winners.
- Multiple submissions from the same author must be different to one another.
- Prizes are payable only via PayPal or Moneybookers/Skrill.
We’ll announce the winners a week or two after the event closes, and send out the prizes two or three weeks after that. So, let’s get started. To be in the running, follow our procedure to the letter!
If you’re new to MODX there are some great video tutorials to help get you started.
How to Submit Your Items
- Upload your items according to the normal upload instructions.
- Make sure your familiar with the MODX Submission Requirements
- Make sure your familiar with the ThemeForest Submission Requirements
- Submit your items here: WordPress: ThemeForest > CMS > MODX Themes
What to Do After Your Items Are Approved
Once your items have been approved, do the following as soon as you can:
- Complete the Most Wanted Entry Agreement. By doing this, you agree to keep any winning entries online for a minimum of two years.
- Post your approved entries in this thread.
It’s as simple as that! Good luck!
Hello, I don’tk know if you all have the same problem, but the video tutorials from their site freeze frequently
@Hi-Themes video works for me.
One question, how to make .transport.zip file in modx dashboard?
I don’t see any download or compress or similar button. Is it one click process or requires coding?
Help would be appreciated.
@Hi-Themes, the videos have smooth playback, if they are freezing, I’d recommend turning off HD playback by clicking on the blue HD (if it’s white it’s not on). If you’re still having issues it could be bandwidth and you may wish to click play and then pause it until more of the video is buffered to your browser.@Webdesignn, the ThemePackagerComponent, which is available here: https://github.com/modxcms/ThemePackagerComponent/tree/develop/_packages first needs to be installed in your MODX Install. Here’s how:
- Upload the unextracted transport package to your /core/packages directory on your server/computer.
- From the MODX Manager go to System>Package Management and click the tiny arrow next to Download Packages and select ‘Search Locally for Packages’.
- Once done, locate the ThemePackagerComponent in the Package Management grid
- Click Install
- Follow all steps to complete the installation
I’ll check back for any questions you might have and myself or one of the MODX team will be happy to help.
I followed your instructions for installation but have problem. I uploaded unextracted transport package to media/core/packages, go to system/package management and there is only Download Extras button no Download Packages. I click on it and in drop-down menu there are options Select Provider and Search Locally for Packages. When I click on Search Locally for Packages I get message:
“MODX will now search your core/packages directory for any valid packages, and then add them in. Please note that it will NOT install them, but simply add them into your workspace. Please make sure before proceeding that you have uploaded the packages into the core/packages directory.”
Options yes/no. Click yes and nothing appears in table only text “No data to display”. Using this cloud: https://dashboard.modxcloud.com/
Webdesignn said@Webdesignn, can you hit the ‘HELP’ button from the right side of your MODX Cloud dashboard and submit your issue and I’ll help you through our support desk because this sounds like a possible unique issue. If there is a gotcha or caveat that might apply to other Theme Authors I’ll definitely post back here.
I followed your instructions for installation but have problem.
I just ran through the install process and all works as expected. I’ll try in Cloud now too.
A great notes post published yesterday about MODX which includes a handy resource list:
8 Solid Reasons Why You Should Seriously Consider MODX for Your Next CMS http://notes.envato.com/trend-spotting/8-solid-reasons-why-you-should-seriously-consider-modx-for-your-next-cms/
I am pumped about this. I literally just discovered MODx a couple of days ago via this thread. Being a front end developer with limited PHP skills, this seems like a great CMS for me!
I have played around for a couple of evenings and i realised the potential power of the beast!
Still a bit confused as how a user can buy a MODx theme and apply it to his existing MODX site, since it seems the mojo of MODX is to create your framework how you want, in a flexible way.
The endless possibilities of combinations between chunks, templates, snippets make it pretty much impossible to have a theme applied to an already existing site structure. Am i missing something?